Blah Blah Blah Balh Blah Blah Blah

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Going into round #3 with this cold/lung infection. You can have ALL of this action if you want.

((((( Birdy ))))))

So sorry to hear that, I have my Flu
Shot - supposed to be immunized from
Flu. Hope you feel better soon! We need
YOU ~ to keep us sane!

I inquired if there would be anything
invented if one could be immunized
from themselves?

:D

One thing I learned this year is that the flu shot still has thermisol added to it.
http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/thi-table.htm
I would be careful with that "stuff"

Mine didn't have it, and if you read the site
carefully, only a specific brand contained only
a "trace" of it and it's so small that it was only
marked with a blue * and it wasn't really worth
being posted in there anyway.

I don't even want a trace of this nasty stuff shot into my blood. I realize now you can ask for it without, but you have to know to ask. I had no idea before I started roaming around brain sites.

Last edited:
Due to the harsh medications I take for my RA, I cannot take OTC stuff, suppliments, flu or polio vaccines. The medications supresses my immune system and thus, I catch EVERY friggin bug in the known universe.

I am suppose to stay far away from sick people but when you have a kid in day care and one in 2nd grade, germs are always coming home with them.

It's just exhausing. And after the week I had running Val all over greater Las Vegas, I'm not surprised at this relapse. But I have managed to light a small fire under the other adults in the house to pull their weight more.

:giveup:

Yes I have been a Sub. Teacher, so I know about being around kids with all sorts of interesting viruses.
I don't blame you for wanting to protect yourself. I just personally did not know about any of these toxins in my kids shots so I am acutely aware now.

RobiN, That video reminded me of something.

Nevada is known as the Silver State because of all the mining of gold and mainly silver. They use mercury in the these mining processes. Every so often, some kid will find a jar of liquid mercery their [insert relitave who was a miner] had stored in the garage/shed/attic. They take this bottle of liquid mercery and play with it.

HAZ-MAT has to come in and detoxify EVERYTHING. Oh what a mess thes stuff makes. And the kids are so damaged from the heavy metal, their pets often die and the house is contaminated all the contents must be destroyed.

I remember the news showed the last kid who did this on the TV. He was so sick, everytime he tried to sit up he could not with out throwing up. I wish I knew what happened to him.

Heavy metal poisonings are horrible!

Heavy metal poisonings are horrible!

Well, I was going to be snarky and post some heavy metal youtube video, but I couldn't find one that I thought would be approriate (ie. humerous in context). I did find a video for Styx performing a song called Heavy Metal Poisoning, but it was so bad, the plants in my office wilted before I turned it off. :eek:

I have no doubt something will catch your eye Bernard

Birdy, yes the first time I saw that video, I was thinking about the one thermometer that broke. ahhhh.... can't go backwards. Then I look at the amount I have in my mouth, and I don't think I would have any teeth left if I had them removed (if I could afford it). Can't remember if I had any dental work when I was pregnant with Rebecca. We were moving and I might have since I wouldn't have a dentist for a while. Darn.

LOL @ Bernard

I remember that song by Styx
Heavy Metal Poisoning.

I admit - I played with mercury
when I was a kid, rolling them into
balls ... then we would use the Hot
Wheels track and have mercury races.

But everyone else is fine... I think ...
but of course I was abnormal before
mercury existed and born before there
was such thing as "dust", and Birdy
existed before Dinosaurs, and as for
Bernard - he's the Skeleton at that
Hotel California where you can always
check in but can never check out.

Ok Ok I exaggerated a little bit there.
But truthfully, I think we ALL played
with mercury when we were kids,
whether or not we want to admit
it!

:eek:

I don't know why, maybe to learn about the difference between liquids and solids? When I was in elementary school the gave us all a little bit of mercury to play with. I pushed around a ball of it with my pencil.

Kerin

I think most of us over 30 yr old did that. If I'm not mistaken, it's the vapors given off that really do the damage.

These kids that play with mercery here are finding it in large amounts like mayonaise jars! That's a LOT of contamination. The EPA had asked everyone who was in the mining industry to look around their homes and turn the stuff in to prevent any more horriffic contaminations. It's been about 3 years since the last news article of teens and mercery.

Now for something completly different..................

I woke up this morning at 5 am and could not see. Both eyes were caked with matter so bad it looked like a camel had spit in my face!

I'll be John Brown if I don't have conjuntivitis in BOTH eyes today! No one in the house has it, can't figure out where I picked it up. never had it before, either.

As if I don't have enough problems with my vision....:eek:

Birdy - how have you been feeling lately?
And how goes the neighborhood?

Thanks for asking Brainy! I just crawled off in a corner. Thought I was gonna have to get better to die!
smiley_186.gif

Working on round 4 of the chest invasion , woke up yesterday feeling feverish and went back to bed, not much of a voice left but at least the eyes have almost cleared up.

The neighborhood is shifting gears.....
I have a couple of hillbillies living next door. Mammy Yokum if there ever was one! They never met a bar of soap or a bottle of shampo. In the 8 years they have live next to me I have NEVER heard a vaccume cleaner, seen a broom or a mop.
signs113.gif

She screams
ranting3.gif
at Zoe (7) if she walks across her dirt! (the lawn died about 6 years ago) Let me tell you, that didn't go down lightly with me.
furious.gif

There is no love lost between us. Now her adult children are moving here. ( all her kids had been taken away permanately years ago and grew up in foster care) Holy CRIPES! They are a sittin on the porch with the guitar, harmonica, and Mammy Yokums' big fat mouth, got the kid in the yard eating dirt, some broken down old man who rolls his own smokes and let's not forget the son with more jailhouse tatoos than you can count ( with a few Ayran thrown in for fun) . All we need now is a couple of pigs in the yard, 8 hound dogs, 12 broken down old cars and still! and you'd swear you were living in the "Deliverance" movie!

Yo shore got purty teef!
teef.gif

Will keep you posted, cause I can promise you, it will get very interesting here in the next couple of months!

Maybe you should start writing a diary,
'cause Hollywood may need you soon!

Think:

money.gif

Who needs an imagination, just walk around my neck of the woods and you'll see shit even Hollywood hasn't thought of yet! LOL :p

Back
Top Bottom