Brain Damage.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Living, breathing example

errhh ahhhhh ...... :) Here I am. I took all those meds. I think since 1990 I tried just about 95% of the AEDs available in many, many combinations and I kept having seizures.
Having the surgery wasn't fun but but IT WAS NOT AS HORRIBLE OR AS SCARY AS IT SOUNDS OR LOOKS ON TV.
Honest.
So here I am now ........... I haven't had a seizure for over 6 months ......... I'm back to driving ......... still taking the filthy meds ........ still scared and worried ...... still going back for endless MRIs but I haven't had a seizure for over 6 months and that's good news.

I was terrified by the thought of brain surgery but decided the people I talked to knew more about it than I did ..........

Well, if you fell and hit your head; it's very possible that you may have SOME type of brain damage. Epilepsy is a type of brain damage in that the chemical that run from your brain to other parts of thebody don't function correctly. Therefore, they spasm creating us (humans) to convulse.

errhh ahhhhh ...... :) Here I am. I took all those meds. I think since 1990 I tried just about 95% of the AEDs available in many, many combinations and I kept having seizures.
Having the surgery wasn't fun but but IT WAS NOT AS HORRIBLE OR AS SCARY AS IT SOUNDS OR LOOKS ON TV.
Honest.
So here I am now ........... I haven't had a seizure for over 6 months ......... I'm back to driving ......... still taking the filthy meds ........ still scared and worried ...... still going back for endless MRIs but I haven't had a seizure for over 6 months and that's good news.

I was terrified by the thought of brain surgery but decided the people I talked to knew more about it than I did ..........

Good for you!!! I'm very happy for you! And I'm quite envious...:bigsmile::wave:(-those smilies are doing the wave backwards and it annoys me) I hope you will be seizure free FOREVER!!!!:rock: :) But I've only been dealing with epilepsy for about a year and a half and I still have a lot of drug options. And right now, On my nice coctail of three seizure meds, I am only having SPS (I think is a side effect of Tegretol?) so hopefully, my doc and I get something figured out and the SPS stop. :)

Last edited:
Well, if you fell and hit your head; it's very possible that you may have SOME type of brain damage. Epilepsy is a type of brain damage in that the chemical that run from your brain to other parts of thebody don't function correctly. Therefore, they spasm creating us (humans) to convulse.

That's what I thought; but there hasn't been anything on MRIs. I just have a problem getting it through my head that just because the MRI doesn't show anything, doesn't mean there isn't anything there.

That's what my doctor told me. I just don't understand how

Back
Top Bottom