Brain surgery on my brain stem.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

finalpoet

Stalwart
Reaction score
Early Nov. of 2015. I have "cerebral cavernous malformations" throughout my brain and I finally had one form in my brain stem, we had to remove those to keep me alive. I'm still recovering, gaining my balance so I can walk again. That and the left side of my face is paralyzed now and my dominant right hand is somewhat paralyzed, so I'm trying to become left handed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey finalpoet, a belated welcome from me to CWE! It's great that you're continuing to make progress, however slow. Are you having OT to help with your hands?

Last edited:
I've found that pts, ots and speech therapists can be really helpful, especially because you get to see them more often then you see any doctor.

Good luck with switching your "handedness". My Aunt was forced to switch from left to right when she was a kid (by nuns!). My mother's currently doing the same thing because of recent hand surgery.

Therapists, it's been almost 2 years since my surgery and I've become somewhat close to a few of my therapists, and I was sad when one had to leave. But you must go where the work takes you. I'm sorry that your aunt was forced to do that, and now your mom has to. But it is good to hear that others have done this, so it's not relatively impossible, just timely.

Back
Top Bottom