Busy Philipps' 15-year-old daughter had 2nd seizure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
Philipps explained that Birdie, who has been attending a boarding school in Sweden, was in Stockholm at the time, where there was close access to a local hospital, but that the event was nonetheless "chaotic." She added that it was "terrifying" as a parent to see her daughter without being near her in person.

"It was really awful seeing it like, on a screen, being in a different country, across an ocean," Philipps recalled.

The mother of two said Birdie previously had a seizure in March, and this second seizure was unexpected.

I confess that I did not know who Busy Philipps is. Even so, I can relate to getting a call that my loved one had a seizure in public while out with friends. Separately, I also know what it is like to have a family member in distress while visiting another country.

I hope Birdie gets the care she needs.

Back
Top Bottom