Calender Design

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to know if anyone has a calender design that doctors can actually understand. I write down when I have a seizures and take toi the Dr. but it seems that he can't understand how I am doing it. Just curious to know if anyone has thought of or designed a calender design.
Thanks,
Laura

Stacy has used a diary and a standard monthly calendar in the past.

I personally find the monthly calendar easier to read in terms of understanding the overall pattern.

Shorty:

:hello:

I use the spiral bound Journals. At
first I used those pocket calendars,
but I progressed to those spiral bound
Journals (the one with Calendars in it)
and my Doctors and Staff enjoys them
very much, as they often review the
calendar and what's in it and the Staff
sometimes often looks in there to see
what my schedules are (future), and
sometimes my Doctors writes notes
(on the journal end of it) - so it gets
used and abused...

:lol:

I'm partial to Thomas Kinkade and the
past 4 years I've been using it, and
I've got my eyes set on for next year's
Journal 2008.

It's actually called "Engagement Calendar"
and it does have a side slot pocket in the
front. And it measures about 7" x 9". And
very durable. It also contains address
book at the back, as well as notes, but in
the back part, I use my Doctor's business
cards that I use clear shipping tape to tape
it on there. They often put their other numbers
to be reached at.

A lot of info goes into that book. Paramedics
who have come over had reviewed the book
to get all the general idea of what all has been
going on and it always stays on my computer
desk (unless I go to the Doctor's appointments).

IT IS NOT A DIARY - however it does record on
the Calendar end of when there were seizures,
menses cycle, appts, change of meds (increase
or decrease), etc.

My Doctors prefer this little book, it makes
it easier to look there first, and then go to my
chart and then they find what they're looking
for.

The sad thing is - I lost my 2007 book!

:(

I have absolutely NO IDEA where it went and
I cannot remember where I put it! These books
do not get thrown away they stay with my
medical records as the dates on there assists
Doctors in finding medical reports/records/scans.

Last edited:
www.epilepsy.com/pdfs/seizure_calendar.pdf - 2007-06-01

www.epilepsy.com/pdfs/event_calendar.pdf - 2007-06-12

I can't find the calendar that I use, but it is a basic monthly calendar printed on 8"x11". I color code it so that I can see what is happening at a glance. I use green for seizure and write down time, duration, and anything unusual.
I keep a list of all vitamin suppliments and any changes that I have made.
I mark off her monthly cycle, and any known changes to sleep, diet, stress.

In the bathroom I have a montly booklet calendar. Small compact, that we can keep additional cycle info, every pill that is taken, progestrone cream that is used.

It is the only way I know of not to go crazy. I simply can not keep all of this info in my head. The calendars go with me to any doctor appt., school meeting, etc.

Hi Shorty

I keep track of any seizures I take by writing them in a notebook with the date, and an estimated time. My seizures are usualy only mild so I am usualy partialy aware of whats going on around me. I usualy write down what I remember and if anyone witnessed me have a seizure then they tell me what they saw and I write that down aswell. I have tried to estimate how long I've been having a seizure aswell .

When I am due to see my neurologist I go through my notebook & type any seizures I've had since my last neruo visit up on the computer and print out a copy for the neuro. I find it's easier to give a printout of my seizures to the neuro when I have my appt because alot of the time I can't remember of the top of my head what I did when I had the seizures so he can go through the printout and read it.

Back
Top Bottom