Calling all RNS receivers

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

bdhshakes

Pillar
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Returning after a long break for some expert opinions :) My neurologist has been pushing for me to pursue RNS again and I wanted to know if anyone who has it could share your experience with me? How well has it worked for you? Does it hurt at all when it goes off, or do you not even notice? We tried going towards it before but during the testing one of the seizures I had in the hospital caused me to break my back in a few places. At that time we weren't aware that my bone density was borderline osteoporosis. It's been about 4 years since that happened and my neuro is pushing to try again because he really thinks it will help. I'm quite nervous to go through the testing again as I don't want to break my back again, that was miserable. But if it works well, I'm thinking it would be worth the risk now that my bone density is doing much better. I already have a VNS and i'm also worried about how those will interact with each other, my neuro doesn't seem worried but he only has 1 or 2 patients that have both so hoping we've got a bigger sample size here!

Thanks in advance!

Hey bdhs,

While you're waiting for folks to chime in, below is a post that also lists some older threads on the topic:

Back
Top Bottom