Can it save your life?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

finalpoet

Stalwart
Reaction score
I bought the Embrace watch about a year ago. And it's an excellent product, very few complaints. Don't I really need it? It detects when you're having a TC, then you're caregiver(s), but by the time they are informed you have fallen and hit your head. I don't know...

I don't know anything about the Embrace watch, but if it can detect TCs, I would think it could be lifesaving for someone who is at risk of status epilepticus. My wife went through a period where she would have back to back (to back to ...) TCs without ever fully regaining consciousness. Getting her to the ER for some IV magic was the only way to snap her out of it.

My daughter is getting one of these and although we probably won't be able to get to her in time for the seizure it's after the seizure that she's very vulnerable because she's totally confused for 45 mins or so - in the past that's when she's needed us most.

Thanks for the heads up finalpoet.

So what is Embrace watch? Anyone have a link to an article on it? I have seen it on internet but not really understanding it. I use Fitbit and that looked similar, that what I read made it seem totally different.

Back
Top Bottom