• One finger

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Two fingers

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Yes, I can touch type

Votes: 30 76.9%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

It's actually funny but because I can type I can't just type with one finger. I have trouble finding the keys.
same here. I dont type as fast as I use to either. I was at 72 words a min, now at 50 to 60 wpm. Brain moving faster than fingers can keeeeeep up with. and if my brain studders so does my typing.

Yes, I taught myself how to type and now I can type really fast and with very few mistakes. Weirdly enough though, I do better looking at the keyboard then when I'm looking at an article of paper or something. Looking at the screen is ok too. Though recently, it's become harder because my hands have been losing feeling and function ( oh joy) but I can still type (just a bit longer)

I type without looking at the keys all the time. But I could never get a hang of the "home" keys. My fingers just kinda hover where ever they like and once I am used to the keyboard dimensions I just type. I never use my pinkies unless I have to hit Shift. And I rarely use my ring fingers. But I still type 150 wpm

I effectively touch-type with all 10 fingers, though my technique might be a bit unorthodox as I'm self-taught and never paid much attention to how you were "supposed" to do it (probably wouldnt' have worked for me anyway!). I tend to keep my left hand in one place and cover everything else with my right I think.

Like one or two other people who have posted I actually find it much harder to type slowly/with fewer fingers, or looking at the keyboard. I prefer looking at the screen; I think I'm a bit dyslexic and can easily end up typing words and letters in an order other than that intended as my brain turns them into something else while typing, so I need to pay attention to what actually comes out so I can correct it as I write. (The same thing happens with my handwriting, but it tends to look much worse as I don't have a "backspace" button to tidy everything up!)

I was using, till it broke recently, a very old battered keyboard, on which most of the numbers and letters were worn off. This was absolutely no problem with normal typing as long as I didn't distract myself by stopping to look at the keyboard, but if I had to enter a password, or something else I needed to type carefully and make sure everything was in the right order, I tended to mess it up and have to keep repeating. Passwords were horrendous actually, I ended up temporarily locking myself out of my own accounts quite a few times due to being unable to type what was intended (or to tell if I'd got it right before I entered it!).

I type using the pointer fingers on both hands and then using my right thumb on the space bar, my right pinky on the shift key, and my right middle finger on the backspace. I can type really fast like that, but I make a lot of mistakes, though, so I'm always hitting the backspace.
We had a computer class when I was in 8th grade, and for a part of the year they had us use typing software to teach us to type the "correct" way, but I never learned. As a result I was a really slow typer. Then in high school I discovered the internet and chat rooms and then I learned how to type fast the wrong way, which is what I do now.

When it comes to my iPhone, I can type really fast with my thumbs, and I laugh at my parents who poke at it with their index finger. lol

I hopeless lost 30%use of thumb but after years of trying to type listening to William Tell overture painful on every part of body mostly sanity my typing teacher whacked our hands if we below 30 a min so use only one finger now

I can type 50-60wpm but typing really fast will start the jerks which will last a few minutes. Sucks considering my job involves mostly programming. I'm fine as long as I take frequent breaks.

Most useful class I've ever taken in all my years of schooling. In college once a friend came over at 11 pm saying, "I have a 30 page paper due tomorrow. Will you help me?" That was the night I really learned to type! Damned good thing. I did medical transcription while I was in nursing school (word processor if anyone remembers those...good job for that time in my life.) I learned a lot as I was doing it because I could type mindlessly. It also gives me the ability to listen to patients now and type without looking down. Takes a little of the depersonalization away from electronic medical records. (better read this over, just in case!)

I can type. I don't remember for sure but I think it was a class that I had to take in high school, that was over 15 years ago though.

I can't believe how fast some people can finger peck though, almost as fast as I can type!

That's how I do it. lol I took typing in school, but I never quite got the hang of it. But I
can still type fairly well even though I still look down at the keys often.

im somewhat younger (34), i can type prolly 40 wpm but my E started at 25, so i had things down pat way before i ever had 1 seizure.

But i can see it being an issue if you started with computers after your E began to flare.

two fingers cause different inputs on a mac fingerplate makes the screen move differently, so it pays to be aware of how many fingers your have on the keyboard,

I can type. I took a keyboarding class in school a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom