Changes

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jwelch013

New
Reaction score
Greetings, my name is Jim I am 45 years old and was diagnosed with Epilepsy when I was 9. I recently had gastric sleeve surgery, it was a success however with the increase in energy I find that I now have ADHD. I have been taken 150mg of ginseng to help focus but I am concerned about introducing a new medication. I am currently on Dilantin and Tegretol for my seizures

I

Hey Jim, welcome to CWE!

Have you talked to your neuro or GP about what might be safe to take to help with the ADHD? You're right to be concerned about adding a new med or supplement since those can be risky for a variety of reasons.

You might want to look into neurofeedback if it's an option -- it can potentially help with attention issues. It uses EEG feedback to help retrain the brain.

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum! What you may want to do is to ask your Dr. to do a DNA test on you they will just take some blood and get some
salvia from your mouth that will be sent to the lab where they will be able to see the amount of enzymes in your liver and your body
chemistry then your Dr. can match that up to the best med for you with the least side effects. I have found using CBD the best thing
for me it keeps me calm and relaxes me not to mention it has reduced my seizures greatly.
Another thing you can do is speak with your pharmacist I have found that my pharmacists knows much more about meds than my
Drs. do and they can often give a person the detail of what would be the best for them. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom