Comedy fundraiser for CURE (DC area)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello,

One of the things I have been trying to get started this year is a fundraising business that will use comedy to raise money for causes I care about. I have recently been in touch with some people who work with CURE and hope to put an event together in Washington, DC early next year. I thought this might interest some people here -- anyone in the DC area?

Anyway, more details will be made available as they are worked out.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, whatever would be appreciated.

Thank You!!!

I want just like the rest of the people on this forum for awareness of this condition in hopes to take away the stagmei (spelling????)

Sounds like a great idea. I'm not in the DC area, but I have family down there, so I can steer them to the show....

Nice. CURE does good work - definitely a group worth working with on a fundraiser. CWE has thousands of members and 10-100 times more lurkers. Rest assured that there are DC area residents who will see the note here (I'll amend the thread title to grab their attention).

My professional experience is in communications and event planning. Nearly three years ago I started doing stand-up comedy so I thought it would be a good fit to organize fundraisers for causes I care about. I am working on the program and venue now. I really want to help raise awareness and money.

Back
Top Bottom