Comming off Keppra (Levetriacetam)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

sami_1982

New
Reaction score
Hi i dont know if this is the correct place for me to write this.
and i dont know if anyone else has been on keppra. Ive been on 2000mg for 15months and now i am being taken off it. its been 2 weeks and i am only taking 1000mg in morning, i started vomiting now feeling nausiated, and also i lose my balance, i am finding myself falling to the left. I can correct it sometimes, but i am scared, in another week i have to reduce the Keppra to 500mg in morning i feel a little shaky, my vision is a little blured i have some ringing in my ears, and i have had some seizures, but more auras. My neurologist said that from the VEEG study i was to highly medicated and he wanted to reduce me and take me off this keppra med and leave me only on my epilim.( sodium valproate ) i take 1200mg morning and night of that with 5mg folic acid in morning for my bones. My Neaurologist said to me that if i was to be too highly medicated i could suffer from a very bad side effect, if i have not already. could these symptoms be what he was talking about. I just want to know am i going to have them forever.

Hi Sami, yes, you picked the correct forum. :) (even if you didn't, it wouldn't be a problem).

You should talk to your neuro about the symptoms you are experiencing. Stacy has never been on Keppra (at least, not as long as I have known her), so I don't know much about it. But, I suspect that any withdrawal symptoms you experience are temporary as your body adjusts.

Back
Top Bottom