Could this be some weird reaction to my meds???

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CathyAnn31

Big Smile
Reaction score
Or to the epilepsy?? I am currently taking Lamitcal XR and on week 3, at 50mgs.

My neck has been sore for several months on the back right side. Kind of where the hairline ends at the back of your head. My hubs gives me a lot of massages in that area but hasnt in a day or two. My neck makes noises when I turn my head from side to side.

This morning that area is swollen and more sore. It literally feels like I fell on it and theres a goose egg there. Hurts like hell!!

Any ideas?

Or maybe I am just sleeping funny. But dang!!

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the joint is inflammed. Inflammation has been discussed a few times here, in regards to meds and also food sensitivities. I am not sure what thread that was in but perhaps you could do a search.

I would mention it to your Dr asap. Could possibly be a reaction to meds. Keep us upadated. Hugs~

Beth

Have to

agree with both moonchild and Robin. You do need to talk to the doctor ASAP about this, but it really does sound like the joint is inflamed. Have you tried alternating heat and ice to help it?

I get those from time to time and they last forever. The only thing that works for me is icy-hot. A cream to put on that relaxes it.

Lamictal is known to have a side effect related to muscle/joint pain. Keep an eye on it, see your doctor if it gets worse.

Back
Top Bottom