COVID

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Probably, but she/he may not want to see you in person. Another $250 zoom conversation.

Hi Music36,

Yes, let your neuro know what's going on and also start taking zinc 50 mg. as long as it doesn't bother your
other seizure meds. The zinc will help fight it off better. My cousin is a Dr. who has been dealing with covid
since it began and he told me to take it daily to help fight off the virus.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You,

Sue

Thanks. I’m so mad that I got it. I’ve done everything to stay healthy (healthy diet, vitamins, exercise, had second booster last month).

I’m also concerned because I have the autoimmune disease, Sjogren’s Syndrome. I’m thinking I should call my rheumatologist Monday as well. I’m actually more concerned about the Sjogren’s than the epilepsy.

I hope you feel better soon.

Your neurologist will probably want to document it on their end.

If illness and/or infections are a big seizure trigger for you, it's definitely a good idea to inform your neurologist and what you are currently taking so they can have it in their system.

Not only that, but even people who have never had seizures in their life have had seizures with COVID as a symptom. It aggravated mine so terribly it almost killed me.

If you have a patient portal with your neurologist, all you'd have to do is write a note for them and send it in and that usually doesn't cost anything.

I hope that you will have a smooth recovery!

Back
Top Bottom