[Research] Cranial osteopathy?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

SteveUK

New
Reaction score
Any clues / ideas / comments / opinions on CRANIAL OSTEOPATHY?

Hope you're all well :)

Steve

I haven't had it, but it sounds interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteopathy

There are plenty of nay-sayers out there. I won't post the links here. They are in google.

Are you looking into having this treatment done, or are you already receiving it? I'd be very interested in how it turns out.

Thanks for the reply endless,

No, I have not had any Cranial osteopathy although I'm intrigued to see what others' make of it. The main reason why I haven't tried it is down to the cost (about £30-£40 a pop). Also, I want to use someone who is knowledgeable in epilepsy.

Any others' who wish to comment please do

Steve :pop:

I had a craniosacral massage once but it was hard to tell if it was doing anything since my seizures are controlled by meds. It's a very gentle procedure, where the therapist is basically cradling your head. The therapist was very nice,* and she did suggest that I see an osteopath. The difficulty would be in justifying a referral from my regular doc for either an osteopath or a cranio-sacral massage therapist. I would have to pay out of pocket.

*She was also psychic: Without me having said a word about my epilepsy or health, she said that she had a strong impression that I had had a major head injury on the right side of my head. Which is absolutely true! And the injury is over 30 years old, so there are no scars or dents or anything tangible to guess from.

Back
Top Bottom