Cranial Sacral Treatments, I'm new

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

A Marie

New
Reaction score
Hi. Great site. My son has been on Lamictal for 6 years. He recently has had several cranial sacral therapy sessions. I would appreciate hearing any experiences related to seizure disorder and cranial sacral treatments.

I have had many Craniosacral treatments as part of my osteopathic treatment, once a month for the last 17 (+or-) years.

The treatments have had no effect on my seizures good or bad, but they do help with pain from my spinal injuries, although the help the treatment provides is very brief.

Hi A Marie, welcome to CWE!

I looked into cranio-sacral treatments a while back. I had just the one c-s-massage. Since my seizures are already controlled by meds, there was no way for me to evaluate whether the massage made a difference. From what I've read about cranio-sacral massage, it's made a difference for some people, but there hasn't been a ton of science to back it up. At the very least, I think it can work to relieve stress, since it's such a gentle, calming procedure.

Are your son's seizures fully-controlled by the Lamictal? If not, have the cranio-sacral sessions provided additional seizure control? it would be great to know.

His seizures are totally controlled by lamictal. He has had 3 cranial treatments last month. Plan on more when he is home for the summer. To early to say how anything is affected. Will continue to post.

My is 11. He has absence seizures that started when he was 10. He also has autism. I brought him for C-S when he was probably about 4 or 5 years old. I remember he would always take a LONG nap after the treatments.

Back
Top Bottom