Cranio-sacral therapy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

squirrel

New
Reaction score
Has anybody tried this?

I had a taster session at a fair this weekend, and was quite impressed. I didn't anticipate much happening, but in 20 minutes I felt great regarding my dodgy hip joint, and my migraine had completely vanished. I'll probably be going for a few more sessions around my area, to see if it can reduce the amount of seizures I have, and I'll let you know how it goes. I know as a holistic therapy it's probably not everyone's cup of tea (coffee for you Americans I s'pose!), but I'm quite excited about it.

I'm still not exactly sure how it worked. But it involved the lady using her hands to touch my neck and head, bottom of spine and feet and feeling energy. She mentioned my coccyx shifting back into a healthier position, and that a neck piercing was probably not a good idea. Oops! That'll be coming out. I get the impression it's meant to encourage and support your body in realigning and healing itself and is therefore very gentle and not intrusive.

The only experience I've had related to cranio-sacral therapy (CST) is this two tennis balls and a sock technique for relieving headaches.

I tried to find studies on CST for epilepsy when I was building my chart (see signature) originally, but I was not able to find anything. I would be interested if anyone knows of published studies along these lines.

Back
Top Bottom