[Info] cwe? facebook? if you're online you must read

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

CWE Supporter/E Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
lastnight we found a documentary called catfish and thought 'yeah what the hell let's give it a go.' GULP.
anyone who belongs to anything online in which you talk to others, or has kids old enough to be online, must watch this. it's a close look at what can happen when people begin to trust each other though they've never met.

it's on netflix and youtube, and as it's a few years old it's likely available for rent.

the following post, a review, is for when you've finished watching it...
the end is chilling.

http://blog.quickflix.com.au/2011/01/24/web-2-0-of-lies-catfish-review/

but pls - if you've already seen it and want to post on here don't give anything away, kinda hard but important too.

In the states they did a spin off of the movie and made a tv show. The host is the guy that made the documentary and he brings together people that are in internet relationship but have never met.

crazy. we'd never even heard of it before lastnight.
the concept is about much more than just online 'couples' tho. it applies to all of us right here at cwe as well. like, how do you know?

qtowngirl

I owe you a big thank you, I remember reading when I first joined this site about someone pretending to have epilepsy or something, sorry my recall is not the best, but until I watched catfish and the things people did and said I really thought, well I thought you needed to be crazy to do something like that and maybe one person might do it. But holly crap I never actually heard of that before or even thought that might happen, so you how big a fool I am. THANKS qtowngirl and SORRY.

We watch this on tv all the time. Its amazing at how people will make up someone and come to find out its someone else who is behind the make believe person you've been talking to all along.

I can honestly say I never knew this could be done, I am so naive. To think somebody would consider doing something like this is unreal.

to be honest couldnt be bothered too read all of it but i got the gist, but even when you think about it, all you have too do is type your name into google and lots of info comes up on you, the polling register, where you live, facebook,twitter, but it also shows we dont know nothing about anyone, i think we have gained too much trust in robotics, and technology

Back
Top Bottom