cwe, look up warrior in the dictionary and you will see 'melanie giglia'

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

CWE Supporter/E Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
near the end of 2012 mel became an imperative part of cwe when facing a second brain surgery. her last seizure (complex partial) was april 23, 2013, six days before surg.
.......now, as of 12:01am our beloved member 2ndchances is officially ONE YEAR SEIZURE FREE :clap:

my mel, you are not only a warrior, you're an advocate and mentor, friend and confidante, and pure woman. you are a pillar of strength and i'm honoured to have you in my life.

counting by days and months is no longer, you did it girl :e:

Last edited:
Congrats!! :) I admire you for having had the guts to do that, and I'm really happy for you that it's working!! Cheers!

Congratulation MEL, you had to be strong not once but twice. You deserve the best there is and qtowngirl as well. I think qtowngirl has said it all and told you what you mean to one and all.

:hugs:MEL AND :clap: well done. :wave::wave:

qtowngirl deserves congratulations as well as she is 265 days seizure free on Saturday.

:hugs: very well done also :clap::clap: :wave::wave:

yes :) 103 days to go to catch up to my hero.

WOW, you're all making me :crying: If not for this site, and the amazing people I've met because of my stubborn brain, who knows where I'd be. So a big thank you to all of you, and my qtown, a special thank you to you for the very kind words, and post! I didn't leave your card out of my sight after finding it last night, and rolled over in bed to read it first thing this morning after a very restless sleep!

2dqq1ia.jpg

:hugs: to you all!!

love you mel... and a glass of 'shot in the dark' cab/shiraz tonight in your honour ;) as the bottle states:

'life has its ups and downs. it can be both brutal and beautiful. you can hole yourself away to avoid life's pain, but then the beauty seldom finds its way in. it's only when you attempt to go where you cannot go, or do what you cannot do, that you can achieve what you are truly capable of doing. sure, you might tumble, you might fall. so what? take a chance. go way out on the limb. dare to try - even if it's just a shot in the dark.'

35lc6fn.jpg

qtowngirl

Now that is a picture, you know the saying "a picture speaks a thousand words". Well done qtowngirl.

Well done Mel,really chuffed for you and long may it continue.Wishing you all the best and some more!!!

Crash

That is one long holiday you were on, its good to have you back my friend.

Thank you all.But this is Mel's thread so you keep rocking Mel!

Thanks Crash! :) Guess we're both back after a bit of a hiatus!

:hugs: to you all!

Back
Top Bottom