Cwm686

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

cwm686

New
Reaction score
I have just been diagnosed with frontal lobe Epilepsy. They told me to take Tegratol 400. I am having some trouble with this. Gastro, Thats ok, Loosing weight. I have always had trouble remembering to take tablets. Especially at night time. Thats OK as well. I will learn. What i need to know is, Do most people have a positive result from this drug.

tegretol

my son has been on tegretol for over one year now and he is not having any relief from seizures but he is not having any side effects either. it will effect everyone differently. only you will know how you will respond to it.
good luck and welcome to CWE....IT IS A GREAT PLACE!

I've been on tegretol for a long time. It seems to be the only thing that helps my seizures from being worse.

Something I found out that the neurologists never told me (pharmacist did eventually) was to take it with food or milk. It does have a tendency to cause heartburn in some people otherwise, especially if taken long term like I do.

My daughter took Tegretol XR and it made her seizrues worse, and she had vision problems, that were not acceptable. They have never returned since she rid her body of this drug.

Hi cwm686, belated welcome to the forum. :hello:

Everyone reacts to AEDs differently. What works for one can be a disaster for another. The only way to know it works for you is to try it. I'd recommend learning about the potential side effects though so you can take appropriate action should they occur.

Back
Top Bottom