danjor

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'm so sorry

Jen i'm so sorry about your brothers lost. I will pray for you guys and i hope everything goes good. k

Dear Jen,
'
I sit here speechless, with tears in my eyes and can't believe what I just read. My young friend Jordan has gone away forever. How could this be?
If there was one coping with epilepsy in a positive way it was him. He was too young to die like this. His time here was far too short.

I honour my young friend Jordan for how he spend his dash.
http://www.dashpoemmovie.com/

When the light begins to fade
and shadows fall across the sea,
one bright star in the evening sky.
your love's light leads me on my way.

there's a dream that will not sleep,
a burning hope that will not die.
so I must go now with the wind,
and leave you waiting on the tide.

time to fly, time to touch the sky.
one voice alone, a haunting cry.
one song, one star burning bright,
may it carry me through darkest night.

rain comes over the gray hills,
and on the air, a soft goodbye.
hear the song that I sing to you
when the time has come to fly.

when I leave and take the wind
and find the land that faith will bring,
the brightest star in the evening sky
is yours to find for me.

is yours to find for me.

(Celtic woman )

Last edited:
I remember reading his first post and thought to myself what a special young man. Endearing, he was. Please accept my sympathy to you and your family. He is missed. Laurie

Jen, I maintain "The Creative Writing Page" here and wrote a poem for Jordan. For him, his family, his girlfriend. I began what we call a "thread" like this one here where other members and writers can express their feelings about Jordan through their poetry or present their thoughts and feelings in a very intimate setting. Here is the poem I wrote this morning after I wiped away some tears.

Jordan

Boy
Learning to become a man
With an affliction your peers
Did not understand

I did not know you
Photographs
I see your smile
Arm around your girlfriend
Watching a football game
Holding your first snow ball

I remember reading your first words here
Introducing yourself to your new family
We
Who gladly comforted you
We
Who quickly learned from you

I welcomed you
But left it at that
And am full of regret
Time with you never spent

You have been taken too soon
Epilepsy a ravenous creature
Never full enough

Jordan
Learning to become a man
With an affliction your peers
Did not understand

Do they now know?
The depth of you.
The love you had to give?
Do they now know
That they should have heard you?

May clouds and stars
And our love below
Hold you safely
After the blow.

Laurie P. 2009

Last edited:
I am rarely at a loss for words, and to my dismay I can not put anything down at the moment to contribute to Jordan's honor. Let us all band together!

Jen, members are already writing their poems and expressing their feelings for Jordan at "The Creative Writing Page". How to get there for your reading. Go to "Quick Links" above. On the right hand side you will find "Social Groups". Click there and it will bring you to Member Groups where you'll find our Group. Double click on the icon with hand and pen and you will find the thread "In Memory of Jordan".

Jen,
I remember the first time I read one of Jordan's posts. Because people here do put pictures of a child as their avatar, I didn't realize that it was a young man speaking. So full of hope and love, in spite of epilepsy.

My heartfelt condolances to you and your family and my prayers as you grieve his loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. Jordan was such a fine young man, I know he was very hopeful on his last post and I was just wondering how he was doing with his new meds. Losing a member of our community hits us hard, because we all know it could happen to us at any given moment.
Thank you for sharing your brother with us...I am just devasted at your family's loss.
jenn

Hello Jen,
I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your youngest brother Jordan. Jordan was indeed a great person on this site and will be sadly missed by all. I send my best wishes to you, family and friends. Take Care. We will all be thinking of Jordan.
(((Hugs)))
Debbie
:rose:

Those are some beautiful poems - brought tears to my eyes.

We are all thinking of you and your family Jen, my sincere condolences.

I only wish I got to know him better.

Jen,
Jordan was a shining light and he will be missed. I wish I had the word to say to ease this difficult time for you and your family but please know that I will be praying for all of you.

I am really struggling with the loss of Jordan. I've never cried so hard for someone I'd never met. I couldn't sleep last night and can't get him out of my mind. I went googeling for more info and found a beautiful blog he'd written about his strong faith. He hadn't updated it since June. He had such hope and trust in the Lord and last wrote Life Is So Good. I'm so glad to know he had such faith and is indeed "Playing with the Angles" (Thank you for that Bernard).

Thank you all so much. I'm sure Jordan is reading all this. Me and him used to joke that heaven has ultra high speed internet :p

And Flinnigan, He used to blog alot when he had time. He is actually an amazing writer. He just never did it anymore. He aspired to be a spanish or english teacher. I'm sure he was just trying to copy me :) (I teach middle school English). (Its so weird to use past tense terms..)

Actually here's a poem of his and truly he lived this way, treasuring life.
Have you ever watched kids
On a merry-go-round?
Or listened to the rain
Slapping on the ground?
Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight?
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?
You better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.
Do you run through each day
On the fly?
When you ask How are you?
Do you hear the reply?
When the day is done
Do you lie in your bed
With the next hundred chores
Running through your head?
You'd better slow down
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.
Ever told your child,
We'll do it tomorrow?
And in your haste,
Not see his sorrow?
Ever lost touch,
Let a good friendship die
Cause you never had time
To call and say, 'Hi'
You'd
better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last.
When you run so fast to get somewhere
You miss half the fun of getting there.
When you worry and hurry through your day,
It is like an unopened gift....
Thrown away.
Life is not a race.
Do take it slower
Hear the music
Before the song is over.

Jen,

Thank you so much for sharing his poem with us. I have been searching for the right words all evening to tell you how I feel. I know it is so much harder for you and your family, however this loss is so great. Jordan had a big heart. There seemed to be plenty of room in his life for all. You have all of our thoughts and prayers. Jordan had such a future in front of him. E was not supposed to get in his way. He was going to beat it and not let it control his life. I still can't fathom that it has taken his life.

Rest in Peace young man.

16452sm.jpg

St Christopher - Patron Saint for Epilepsy

Ohhhh, Jen

You should submit that poem for him, posthumously, somewhere. It brought tears to my eyes. And I'm not a real fan of poems...

It's soooo good....

Oh, Jen. He was such a beautiful person and talented writer. We at "The Creative Writing Page" have been writing poems dedicated to him. I'm sure you and Jordan wouldn't mind if I copied this incredible poem and submitted it to the group. Thank you for posting this. It reached my heart deeply.
Laurie

Last edited:
Jen that is such a wonderful poem Jordan wrote and so true to life. Thank you for sharing it with us. Take Care Debbie :rose:

Thanks for sharing Jordan's poem...it really brought me to tears. I have been thinking about Jordan ever seen hearing the news. He was such an exceptional young man that touched so many of us. I am praying for your family to handle such a huge loss.

Yes thank you Jen for sharing Jordan's poem. It is absolutely beautiful, brought tears to my eyes. You and your family are in my prayers.

Jen - i am so sorry for yours and your family's loss. Jordan was a decent young lad, very polite and had time for others.

That is a beautiful poem x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom