danjor

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jen, I also send my condolences to you and your family for the loss of Jordan. He has obviously left a strong influence on everybody in here and his spirit lives on in all of us. I had the privilege of interacting with him a few times and found him to always be upbeat against all odds.

I think those pictures speak thousands of words for his fight against epilepsy. It did not hold him back. He lived his life to the fullest.

Again, I send a great deal of sympathy to all who knew him personally.

Last edited:
Yes, his pictures spoke a thousand words. And then the words in his poem reached a thousand nerve endings.

"You better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last."

Let this be our mantra in life...

Last edited:
My condolences...

Dear Jen,
I don't know how to express my feelings of sincere loss. Jordan was such a fine young man. I'm a teacher as well, and remember reading his posts about dealing with E and being a teen. It brought back such memories. My heart goes out to you and your family. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Susan

Jen,
I am so sorry! I don't have the words to truly convey my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. I know that I am thankful for the time that Jordan spent here at CWE and he will be greatly missed!
Cat

Well, here's an update on how things are going.
His school held a HUGE fair for him/the epilepsy foundation tues-today. About 4000+ attended and in total we raised almost 15000 for the epilepsy foundation of LA. Everyone had loads of fun.

His funeral was yesterday, our sanctuary was FULL and our sanctuary is rather big. He always told us he wanted his funeral to be a party, so after the funeral we went to the Oak Lodge and held a reception with good food, his favorite music, and loads of dancing. We thought this was how he wanted it. Instead of focusing on the death, to celebrate the amazing life he lived. I learned just the impact he made on people. Showing kindness to others. Whether they deserve it or not. Be a friend to lean on. Showing people that there is more to life than suffering and that there's a reason for everything.

Thanks for everything you guys!

Wow, that's terrific you guys raised so much, and got such a great group together. Jordan's legacy continues.

Thats so beautiful Jen. I gave myself a "Hippo" party the week before my surgery - just in case. Bless you all.

Wow Jen

that is just too cool! I'm happy for you, and for everyone that's benefitting from the fund-raiser. It IS amazing how someone can touch lives the way Jordan has...especially at such a young age. He will be remembered here..

Wish we could have been there for you Jen. Jordan has been on my mind and in my prayers every day. Watching the snow fall here today, I couldn't help smiling a little thinking about his picture with the snow.

May God comfort your family. I am glad you could 'party' for him.

:e::e::e:

Wow, that is great news. Jordan is looking down on us all, smiling at this news.

Jen,
I'm so sorry to hear about Jordan. He definitely was a very special person. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

hello, I don't know how many of you sent cards or things, but the family has moved to a new home. We just got dutch-mom's card. If you would like the new address please send me a message. Also for those of you who have already sent one, please let me know so we can be sure to get it. Thank you!

what a terrible tragedy, and huge loss. I am so sad for you and your family and friends. :cry:

my condolences:

gigi

Just wanted to say that we havent forgotten about you buddy. Its been over a year since you taken. We all still miss you so much. Hope your having a good time up there kiddo!

i had painting something for his family and it is titled Danjor. I have dont' know how to get it to them.

Matchu

Send his sister, Jen, who's also a member here, a PM, and ask for a current address to send the painting to. I have an old address.......

Still thinking of you buddy. Its been almost 2 years.

You've probably got quite the set up in heaven. Just wanted to ask you to make sure that Speber settles in. We miss you both, and you were both very courageous.

Hugs and Love, and always thinking of you!

Jen, thank you for supporting your brother. It's very rare that you have somebody who loves and supports you like that. It makes it a little bit easier. God Bless you and your family. And a big hug from me.

Back
Top Bottom