deafness in both ears

could this be a Partial seizures

• no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mabye and give a reason

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

cool1984

New
Reaction score
hi there it is caroline here

On the 14th of may i went out for my birthday becouse i was not at home for my birthdaythat would be the 16th my birthday so on the 14th i went out for a meal with mum and step dad for a meal!
and we got to the pub and i had a glass of white wine and mum had one 2 and i start to feel hot!!! and then we lifed to go to our place for the meal. and we got there and mum read the start to me and them mine course to me as well and then my start came and i start to eat it. and then suddle i start to feel more and more hot, tiyed weak like i could not even move and then i sat back for a few mins and then said too mum take me outside. and she did and then we got out there i said get me a glass of water. and then i start to cool down.

and then the same day at night i had a fit in my sleep so in the moirng i felt even worse i felt tieyd all day.

1st of june
I was in bed one night and i woke up really hot and a few secends later i could not even move and. say anything or do anything. and then i went deaf.

7th last night i went to bed becouse i felt tiyed and i woke up about 3:00ish in the moring! and i went deaf and i cold not move my body! at all! i do no this was happing to me!

8th the next day i went deaf in calss for few secends

when i went to bed feeling fine a couple hours later i woke up and i went deaf for a few mins to a fwe secends and then i fell asleep agian and then i had an fit in my sleep! my boyfriend tole me and then my back really hearts in the moirng.

can someone help me here!

what can this been a simpley p

caroline

Hey Caroline,

That hot sensation you felt was probable due to the alcohol in the wine.
I have that very same sensation when I drink too, but the intensity in in direct relation to the amount of alcohol in the drink.

Mostly I have Bailey's and coffee and the alcohol content is low, but wine makes my ears and face feel like they are on fire, I begin sweating and sometimes have breathing problems.

The deafness coud be an effect of a simple partical, these types of seizures alter our senses of preception, I had one where I went blind. They are very frighenting. It would be best to discuss these issues with your doctor. Your medication may need to be adjusted. The thing to remember when these things happen is to keep in your mind "it will pass soon". Learn to say it like a mantra and then you won't be so frightened when they happen, and you will also find it may make the episode less severe.

Good luck, try not to worry.
:wink:

Solid!

brother5.jpg

It's a picture from the movie Undercover Brother where he says, "Solid". I was agreeing with Birdbomb.

but like i have said i have wrote down eveyone that happed when i go deaf and i am not all ways hot

like on one time i woke up i studdle went deaf and a few hours later i had a fit.

caroline

It is highly likely that the deafness is indicative of a simple partial seizure. Simple partial seizures can spread into generalized seizures. If you notice the deafness happening again, you should consider it an aura and find a safe place to lay down or rest just in case it generalizes into a Tonic-Clonic/grand mal seizure.

The hotness is likely related to the alcohol. The alcohol may or may not have triggered the seizure (deafness).

how could it be i had 1glass of wine and only once it happed when i had an drink! :shock:

1 glass of wine is enough to make anyone feel hot under the right circumstances. It happens to me occasionally too.

Sorry, I didn't understand that you get these "hot flashes" when you are not drinking alcohol. They could be indicative of simple partial seizures (see link I posted previously).

bernard said:
Sorry, I didn't understand that you get these "hot flashes" when you are not drinking alcohol. They could be indicative of simple partial seizures (see link I posted previously).

i ahve been reading about partial s z lateliy

Cool,

There is a normal phenonmenon called "sleep paralysis". It's when a person wakes up and cannot move or speak - it's frightening to expirience.

However, that being said and reading your other posts - you NEED to see a doctor. You have so many symptoms, which seem to be increasing. Is there another doctor which can see you sooner?

ellgee said:
Cool,

There is a normal phenonmenon called "sleep paralysis". It's when a person wakes up and cannot move or speak - it's frightening to expirience.

However, that being said and reading your other posts - you NEED to see a doctor. You have so many symptoms, which seem to be increasing. Is there another doctor which can see you sooner?

hi there!
can u expline what this is"sleep paralysis"
i get really scaed when i wake and canot move talk
i have had my eeg now and i going to see the noro in about 2weeks
can u help me caz

hi all
can somebody explien it easy words for me
caz
SLEEP PARALYSIS

Updated January 26, 1999

What is sleep paralysis?

Sleep paralysis consists of a period of inability to perform voluntary movements either at sleep onset (called hypnogogic or predormital form) or upon awakening (called hypnopompic or postdormtal form).

Sleep paralysis may also be referred to as isolated sleep paralysis, familial sleep paralysis, hynogogic or hypnopompic paralysis, predormital or postdormital paralysis

What are the symptoms?

A complaint of inability to move the trunk or limbs at sleep onset or upon awakening
Presence of brief episodes of partial or complete skeletal muscle paralysis
Episodes can be associated with hypnagogic hallucinations or dream-like mentation (act or use of the brain)
Polysomnography (a sleep recording) shows at least one of the following:

suppression of skeletal muscle tone
a sleep onset REM period
dissociated REM sleep
Is it harmful?

Sleep paralysis is most often associated with narcolepsy, a neurological condition in which the person has uncontrollable naps. However, there are many people who experience sleep paralysis without having signs of narcolepsy. Sometimes it runs in families. There is no known explanation why some people experience this paralysis. It is not harmful, although most people report feeling very afraid because they do not know what is happening, and within minutes they gradually or abruptly are able to move again; the episode is often terminated by a sound or a touch on the body.

In some cases, when hypnogogic hallucinations are present, people feel that someone is in the room with them, some experience the feeling that someone or something is sitting on their chest and they feel impending death and suffocation. That has been called the “Hag Phenomena” and has been happening to people over the centuries. These things cause people much anxiety and terror, but there is no physical harm.

What else can you tell me about sleep paralysis?

Some people with disrupted sleep schedules or circadian rhythm disturbances experience sleep paralysis
A study found that 35% of subjects with isolated sleep paralysis also reported a history of wake panic attacks unrelated to the experience of paralysis
Sixteen percent of these persons with isolated sleep paralysis met the criteria for panic disorder
How can I stop the sleep paralysis?

In severe cases, where episodes take place at least once a week for 6 months, medication may be used.

You may be able to minimize the episodes by following good sleep hygiene:

getting enough sleep
reduce stress
exercise regularly (but not too close to bedtime)
keep a regular sleep schedule

Sleep Paralysis Articles & Web Sites

What is sleep paralysis?

Sleep Paralysis and Lucid Dreams Research

Sleep Paralysis and Associated Hypnagogic and Hypnopompic Experiences Page

Sleep Paralysis/Hag Phenomena

Sleep Paralysis - A story about my experience by Daniel Hacking

The Evils of Sleep Paralysis (Its not really evil spirits! )

The Periodic Paralysis Resource Center
Sleep paralysis is normal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diagnostic Classification Steering Committee, Thorpy MJ, Chairman. International Classification of Sleep Disorders: Diagnostic and Coding Manual. Rochester, Minnesota: American Sleep Disorders Association, 1990.

Kryger, Meir H., Roth, Thomas, Dement, William C. Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine, 2nd Edition. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: W.B. Saunders Company, 1994.

Please note: If you see a mistake, or wrong information, please E-mail: Nodmaster. We welcome your comments, suggestions, or notification of sleep related information.

Go back to The Sleep Well Home Page

It means you are awake, but cannot move your body - until the paralysis passes and then you can suddenly move again without trouble.

It can also include hallucinations and/or feelings of anxiety/terror.

bernard said:
It means you are awake, but cannot move your body - until the paralysis passes and then you can suddenly move again without trouble.

It can also include hallucinations and/or feelings of anxiety/terror.

hi i feel terrored when this happeds
caz

You should tell your doctor about the sleep paralysis if you haven't already. You might need to be tested for sleep apnea.

Back
Top Bottom