Death comes to Evel

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Birdbomb

VNS Guru
Reaction score
Iconic Daredevil Evel Knievel Dies at 69

22d017cc.jpg

My area loved him so!

Yup, He did.

He lived here for years. I'm surprised they
spread his news around; his son still hangs
around though. He resided in Tampa for
awhile - he bounced back and forth between
this area.

He was a bubbly person. Full of stories to tell.
Been at my son's School, and was an advocate
on "SAFETY" for awhile, along side with his son.
They did little performances to "awe" the kiddos
in elementary school (like wheelies, and other
little stuff).

HE WAS CRAZY BUT HE ROCKED!

:rock:

Here's OUR GALLERY - Please LOOK!

IN TRIBUTE - Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel

tb_Knievel_75x100.jpg

Last edited:
rocket-450.jpg

My Newspaper Article:

St. Petersburg Times - Robert Craig aka Evel Knievel dies at 69

Evel Knievel Days. He'll wave from the passenger seat of a pickup, sign some autographs, try to impersonate the man he used to be. - "This is my last performance," he says. "If I make it."

If I make it. How many times do you think Evel Knievel has said those words?

Usually he did make it, piloting his motorcycle over cars, snakes, sharks, buses. But we remember him just as well for the times his cycle came up just a teensy bit short. Knievel scattered pieces of himself at Caesars Palace, in Wembley Stadium, in San Francisco's Cow Palace.

He was the first Jackass.

YES, this was Robert to the core, and a hardcore
extremist he was! He tried, sometimes he made it
and sometimes he didn't!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Man, he was cool.....

This is how I'll remember him.

For some silly reason I thought Evel Knievel had died years ago until I heard on the radio Yesterday that he died.

If I recall there was a more recent made about Evel a couple of years ago with George Eads ( Nick from CSI: Crime Scene Investigator) playing Evel. Haven't seen the movie yet but wonder what it will be like.

evil_poster.jpg

I think lots of people expected him to die years ago during one of his crazy stunts. I loved watching when I was a kid. I kind of lived vicariously through him in a way. I was too chicken to try to imitate him thank goodness!

Back
Top Bottom