Death of Tripp

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I have been going through old messages and found the news of the passing of Speber. Oddly and tragically, my son Tripp passed the next day. He had a seizure in the shower and hit his head. He was 21. I HATE epilepsy. I am comforted that my beautiful adventurous son no longer has to cope with seizures. My sincere condolences to the family of Speber.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I cannot begin to know the pain you must feel, your son must have been extrordinary. I too have epilepsy and I hate it as well. I hate that my husband has to be my caretaker and that my adult children worry that they too may have a seizure someday. I hope you can take sollace in the love that you have known, the memory of your son lives in your heart and his name on your lips.

***hugs***. I am so sad to hear about your son. May he RIP.

I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts.

The shower is a very dangerous place, especially for someone suffering from epilepsy. My 1st TC was in the shower, where I suffered severe burns from the hot water. I HATE epilepsy, too!
MY condolences to you.

I cannot imagine what it feels like to lose a child. The grief must be unbearable.
I am so very sorry for your loss. Epilepsy certainly isn't my best friend either.
I'm sure your son's life touched the lives of many and may you take comfort in the memories you have.

I cannot find the right words- just to say he lives on through you.
Special thoughts go out to you.

This kind of story always makes me cry the most because I feel like it's only a matter of time till I'm next; I've had my fair share of seizures in the shower, took a nasty spill when I was half-asleep and had woken up to go to the bathroom a few weeks ago. Luckily it was after I had finished pissing lol. My knee is finally starting to feel better. The weather had gone from 90° to 30° and I was screwed.

Yes malamuteme, would sign the Hate E poll.

My sincere and heartfelt condolences on the loss of your Son, so very young, so sorry. Truly sorry.

My Son 26 has E and has suffered(S) nasty T/C. As difficult/heartbreaking as it will have been to share - you remind us ALL that seizures can and do kill.

And a reminder that we cannot always be always in control of all (our kids would have no life like that). So a reminder to love our loved ones today not tomorrow and big time important – for our E loved ones check out and access home safety. I am going to do this.

My most sincere

and heartfelt condolences go out to you, and your family. I too, have E. And yes, I hate it as well.

I am so sorry for your loss. Celebrate the time that you had together.

I'm so sorry for your loss- SUDEP is so hard :( I always sit down in the shower just in case (my worst TC was a shower seizure) but no matter how careful you are there is always a possibility.

Your son is free from E- in that I am glad for him and for you but I am so sorry for the rough time this will inevitably bring to you and your family.

Sending you positive energy,

-Seiz

there nothing I can say to ease your pain now. Except one day, hopefully soon you will find some joy in his life.Maybe whenever you think of them write them down and send them to us. I know I would love to hear them.God bless you as a mother for going thru this pain. It's just not right.Sorry is not enough.PM me any time I will give you my phone # just for a listen ear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom