"Dizzy spells"??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

cjole

New
Reaction score
I have been having what I can only discribe as dizzy spells. Only happened twice, and have subsided pretty quickly, but kinda freaks me out. My eyes get all "goofy", and I am squinting just to see kinda normally. Just got through with one right now. Am at work (Merry Christmas!), and makes it very interesting. As I said, it only lasts for a little while, meaning about 1/2 hour or so, and then lets up. And, for those with any curiosity, I will be getting a ride home tonight, just to be safe, and will not be driving for a bit. (This is just based on some comments from another post). Anyway, I am just wondering if this could be E related, maybe from my meds, or some kind of actual seizure? Comments? I have been pretty involved with a bunch of tests at MINCEP, and will mention to them on my next visit. Just wanted to hear any comments you all might have.

Thanks! Hope you all are having a nice Christmas, and Bless you all!

CJ

Hey, cjole:)

You're 1 smart & sensible cookie (getting ride home tonite)! I'd say, if it lasts for 30 minutes, then lets up, it may be a side effect from a med, but if it's something new, then I'd definitely have it checked out. Are you bending down (like taking a bow or touching your toes), then swinging your head up? Better yet, are you doing things to cause a change in your balance? Just some thoughts. Your grilling by me shall stop now. Take care & Merry Christmas!

Could be a seizure, could be your meds, could be the flu or sinus problems, could be just about anything. If it happens again, be sure to mention it to your doctor.

Merry Christmas! And thank you for working on the holiday. :)

I do get similar spells that cjole described. It sort of feels like my eyes are going cross-eyed & my focus is a bit off, my peripheral vision seems a bit blurry but when I look in the mirror my eyes & pupils seem fine. Does that describe what you're getting cjole?

They don't feel like seizures to me (I hope they're not with cjole if they're a half hour long). I've always thought it to be a side-effect of my carbamazapine but I see that cjole isn't on that drug. I'd love to hear if anyone has had similar experiences or knows what these might be.

I don't think there is anything with the peripheral vision going on, have try to remember to "check it out" IF it happens again. It's just something new. Within the last month. I'd say given the time period, it's not the flu or anything like that. Maybe the medication...both times, it has happened it's in the AM, and I've just taken my meds maybe an hour or so before. My boss-man noticed today (was trying to keep to myself). He said my eyes "looked funny" and that I was squinting and stuff, which I was, trying to keep my balance and just to look at things. Had to take my glasses off, they made it worse! Don't feel anything else, just can't keep my eyes focused. And because of that, I feel "dizzy" and can't keep balanced. It's weird. Not dizzy like I'd been spinning around or anything. Just the eyes and keeping focused. It's got me wondering though. Weird. Yeah working the holiday is'nt sooo bad. No bosses or anything going on. Don't have any kids or hubby at home to worry about, and 'course the pay is unbelievable. Plus, someone's got to "keep the lights on"! LOL I'll be getting out of here in a couple more hours. YAY.

Take care everyone!
And, thank you.

CJ

Back
Top Bottom