Do aura's have a pattern???

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

kashani19

New
Reaction score
Hello. I have a 7 year old with a seizure disorder. She has aura's a lot. Too much in my opinion. She has tried Trilepital but was allergic, and has tried Topamax, but we just weaned her off because I felt like it wasn't helping the aura's. Almost making them worse. So now we have her on Keppra. 2ml in the morning and 4ml at night. I almost feel that her aura's are routine like. Let me explain: The last bout of aura's that she had were on January 10th, 2013. She has had no aura's and has been doing great until yesterday - January 26th, 2013. And she had 5 throughout the day, 2 at night in her sleep and has continued to have them today January 27th, 2013. She has already had 3 today. So technically she has gone 16 days with no aura. Prior to that, she had gone from December 24th, 2012 until January 10th, 2013. It is almost like routine. Each time we aren't sure how many days we can go without any, but it used to be like 5 days, then 10, then 15.
So anyone else out there that has aura's often feel like they are almost routine? Or like a pattern? So my daughter will go 16 days with none, but then aura for 2 days straight all day long. I hope some one can help me answer this question. I stayed worried all the time about the aura's and the 3 meds we have tried are just not working. HELP!
Thanks! :)

yes, they can sometimes. keep a diary (if you're not already) of what she's doing the days and the day/night before they start.
years ago my partials (same as an aura) came every three weeks like clockwork (not catamenial tho) for about a year. around that time I went through a nasty breakup and my stress level went through the roof, so that's likely what changed it. after that they came whenever.
talk to your neuro about it and see if you put your heads together what you can come up with. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom