DO NOT CALL REGISTRY LIST - Is It Time to Renew?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I've been getting calls since I've been on it and it drives me crazy!

Recently one I keep getting is to lower the instrate on my credit cards, which I don't even have a credit card.

The other is from a electric company wanting me to change to them, and they aren't even a supplier in our area! I called that electric company and they said that these were scam calls.

My favorite thing to do now is mess around with the operator and get them to hang up on me!

The best one was I kept telling the operator that I needed the code word inorder to talk to them. This was a phone number that no one was to be calling and I wasn't to talk to them unless they had the code word. The guy kept telling me what he was trying to sell but I kept yelling at him wanting to know how he got the phone number and what the code word was! The guy actually hung up on me!

Have fun messing around with them since they keep messing around with you. :roflmao:

im gona have to try that one when i next get some the kids round here being a pain ringing and buggering about

Had a good one today. Got another call from the company to reduce my intrest rates on my credit cards.

When I talked to the operator I asked him what the code word was. After asking him 3 times he realized that I was messing around with him and told me, quote "Stop wasting my time you B****!"

Well the two of us got into it pretty good after that, me screaming at him and him screaming back at me. I think if you could name the naughty word it was said during this conversation. Finally he hung up on me.

I was laughing so hard I was crying when it was all over. Maybe now they'll stop calling????

What do you do about robo-calls?
I feel that there must be some way to talk to these shmucks to get them to quit calling

What do you do about robo-calls?
I feel that there must be some way to talk to these shmucks to get them to quit calling
Do you wait clear till the end of the message? Alot of times you it will get an option to talk to someone.

Try pressing 0 over and over, sometimes this will get you an operator. Pressing # or * will sometimes get you someone too.

Thanks.
The last thing I like to hear when answering the phone is some ship's horn blasting in my ear.
If I tell them to stop or else, maybe they will stop.

I signed up for that list and still get all kinds of junk calls. It seems useless.

Got a call from a telemarketer today. After she was done with her whole spiel I told her that she sounded sexy. She hung up on me! Didn't even say thank you before she did it! Thought that was a little rude don't you?

I should have signed up, I got a phone call offering me $250,000. Of course I knew it was a scam.:ponder:

:roflmao::pfft::roflmao::cheers::cheers::cheers:

IRecently one I keep getting is to lower the instrate on my credit cards, which I don't even have a credit card.

The other is from a electric company wanting me to change to them, and they aren't even a supplier in our area!

Have fun messing around with them since they keep messing around with you. :roflmao:
That's hilarious.
I keep getting calls trying to sell me an extended warrantee for a car I sold 3 years ago..

The thing about telemarketers is that they are working on a clock. The best thing to do if you want to mess with them is to get them to spend ages talking to you, act interested, get them to give you the whole pitch and then say, "No thanks. And please put me on your do not call list".

That's a great idea!! Maybe next time I will keep them on the line.

That $250,000 I could have had fun if I had thought of it.

I don't know how many of you are getting "The IRS is filing a law suit on you" calls? I'm getting at least once a day. Just to let you know they are a telemarketer trying to scam you so don't get scared!

My friend got one last week and it scared her to death because she didn't know it wasn't a scam and stayed on the line to talk to someone about it.

When the person came on he was as foreign as could be and she could barely understand what he was saying so that's when she knew it was a scam. Since he was from the 'IRS' she asked him where he was calling from. He told her Washington DC. She asked him how the weather was there and what time it was. He couldn't answer either question. She started laughing at him and he hung up on her! Though that was pretty funny! :roflmao:

I've started getting telemarketer phone calls left and right again. It's driving me CRAZY!!!! :soap:

I usually don't answer the phone anymore and let it go to the machine if I don't know the number. My husband sleeps during the day and I answer them now because I don't want the phone ringing to wake up him up.

Most of them are for lowering the interest rate on my credit card. I wonder which credit card they are talking about because I still don't own a single one? A little while later the 'IRS' called about the law suit they are filing against me for back taxes.

Maybe I can lower the interest rate on the credit card I don't have to pay off my back taxes? :ponder:

I forgot about all of these great things that I did to them! What the code word is, they sound sexy and I'm sure I can think up some more! I'm going to have to start it up again!!!!! :roflmao:

I love you Valerie, you always crack me up. I loved reading about you taking to the telemarketer about your cats. :roflmao:

Those "Do Not Call Lists" are just a ploy for telemarketing companies to harvest numbers.
They then sell those numbers to other companies.

Just let the machine pick up the call. If it's family, friends, or an important call pick up. If not let it record. If you're in the mood to have a little fun, pick up.

Put some wrapping plastic of a plastic bag near your phone. The next time a telemarketer calls pick it up, pretend you are at a fast-food restaurant ordering food.

IE: While you rattle/squeeze the plastic, make a pretend order.

Yes, I'll take two medium cokes, two cheese burgers, one large fries, one 10-piece nuggets to go!

Try not to laugh as you "place your order". Make sure you ask them to read back your order. Repeat your order, or change it.

The goal is to completely confuse the heck out the caller. :)

I really can't wait now for a telemarketer to call me so I can do all these things again!!!! None called today so I'm probably going to have to wait till after Christmas. I'll have to let them know how my cats are doing. They probably are wondering since I haven't talked to them for a while.

The 'IRS' called me again this morning about the law suit they are filing against me. If I need to go into hiding will anyone take me in?

I called the REAL IRS and they actually have a hot line to call to report these calls so they must be really bad!

When I get a call that says "I am from Microsoft," I ask if they know Bill Gates.

I'm glad you brought this thread up again Topcat, I totally forgot about all the things that I used to do to the telemarketers!

I usually don't answer the phone now unless it's from a local number because I've got several hospitals and drs calling, that I don't know the number they have, for important things and I want to make sure I talk to them.

I got one the other day from a man trying to sell me something for my computer. I told him that I don't have a computer and he didn't believe me because "They have it on file (or something like that) that I do". I told him that I haven't had a computer for over 3 years and he almost started arguing with me about it.

I'm going to have to tell the next caller that he sounds sexy like I did before and tell him to say what he just said again very slowly because it's really 'getting me in the mood'!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom