DO NOT CALL REGISTRY LIST - Is It Time to Renew?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

brain

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Do Not Call Registry List - Information

Do Not Call Registry List

This registry is only good for 5 years;
has it been 5 years since you've last
registered?

Your registration will not expire. The Federal Trade Commission will not drop any telephone numbers from the National Do Not Call Registry based on a five-year expiration period pending final Congressional or agency action on whether to make registration permanent. Read more about it at http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2007/10/dnctestimony.shtm.

Have you ever registered your telephone
number before in the "Do Not Call" List?

Did you obtain a NEW telephone number
but never registered?

This is the LINK ABOVE to the Federal
No Call List.

1) Type in your Area Code

2) Type in your Telephone Number

3) Type in a valid email address (and again)

4) Go to your email box and click on the
link there to confirm it.

5) This will be good for 5 years.

It is strongly recommended that you
bookmark this website and make it a
habit to register. You can also check
to make sure your number is secured.

It is strongly recommended that you
use your PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS
(not a junk email address) to use this
website. You will not receive any spam
or any junk email from them at all.

Last edited:
Thanks mucho! The junk phone calls just about drive me nuts! I sure needed this link.
:)

Thanks. Do you know if cell phones need to be put on the list? I put my own on 5 years ago, but my kids have gotten phones since then.

spin mommy,
I put my cell nu# on the list .They can get hold of that number also like mine was gotten hold of.So I'd go ahead put it on the list.

Last edited:
I have caller id on my land phone and my cell phone. I filter out the unwanted calls.

However, some businesses have a general phone number. One local hospital here called us several times in the middle of the night. We could not specifically locate the fax machine making that call. We had the choice of blocking all calls from that hospital which could be bad if we had a real emergency. I think the term for that is a 'trunk' phone number.

Last edited:
Thanks alot. very much appreciated. Just got done putting in ALL my numbers.:clap::woot:

Last edited:
LOL -- I FINALLY got a telephone number (and TV and ISP connection after waiting since registering for them Dec. 1) YESTERDAY. Think I should register now?

LOL -- I FINALLY got a telephone number (and TV and ISP connection after waiting since registering for them Dec. 1) YESTERDAY. Think I should register now?

Yup! I registered mine before it was even
activated! LOL! I knew what my new number
was ahead of time!

;)

has anyone who added themselves to this list been getting phone calls from 1-8000-446-1022? A google search reveals that this is a phone number who repeatedly makes phone calls to your number, without anyone ever being on the other line. Apparently its a number from HBSC, but no one in this household has done any business with orchard bank, mastercard, etc

The reason I believe HBSC is pulling my number off of the Do Not Call list, is they started calling both the house and my track phone just about 4 weeks after I added them to the DNC list. I never use my tracfone number for anything. Only people I'd need to contact in emergencies have the number to it so it doesn't seem likely that they received my tracfone number through any legitimate program that I signed up for

Not I or anyone else who has registered for years ...

has anyone who added themselves to this list been getting phone calls from 1-8000-446-1022?

NO ... but it clearly states on the website of how
to report those who are in violation after you have
registered on the DO NOT CALL LIST and what to
do about it ... You can report it.

:tup:

If ANYONE signs up for coupons, free products, etc via the internet it will ask for your cell #. Most of these companies will ask for your cell # and will have a itty bitty disclaimer at the bottom or say that you must agree to their privacy policy which is 20 pages long on purpose so that nobody will read it and just click on "accept", then they are free to use whatever you have voluntarily given them.

There are other scams out there more recently that I have recieved many times about all sort of things that said I would have to press 1 to enter my info. Cell phone #'s are being 'hacked' by a computer that chooses an areas prefix and then randomly enters the last 4 digits. I was amazed at the amount of calls I got about my bank card has been frozen because of 'suspicious charges' when I don't even have an accnt with that bank they are talking about. Usually it is Wells Fargo but I've had other calls. Another one that I've gotten a call about (probably 15 times) is a pre-recorded call that says my husband is in a county jail somewhere across the state and that they need me to accept the collect call by pressing '1'. Funny that my husband is sitting right next to me! LOL!

If you have any suspicions about whether a phone call is a scam or not it is best to call your local BBB so that they can record these companies and the phone numbers that they are using.

One local hospital here called us several times in the middle of the night. We could not specifically locate the fax machine making that call.

One day I kept getting calls from a fax machine (with 2 different numbers) I got so tired of it that I faxed them a letter that said, "PLEASE STOP CALLING THIS NUMBER [phone#]" and then they didn't call anymore- they realized the fax was dialing a non-fax machine and were able to cancel the job.
I guess that's not helpful if you don't have a fax machine, though. hehe. I think a fax machine will make something like 15 retries after a fail until it cancels itself. But I wasn't about to let my phone ring 10 more times than it already had.

We just started getting political calls and political recordings on our cell. I finally d/l a program and I can either set it to send to v/m or pick up and then hang up. I am going to put us on the DNC list b/c even tho calls go to v/m or get hung up on, it is annoying, hearing my phone ring.

I have my numbers on the no call registry and still get unwanted calls, not as often but still get them. Aren't they supposed to go by the list no matter what?

Back
Top Bottom