Do you actively fight your condition or accept it!.

Do you fight your condition, accept it or don't care.

• Fight

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Accept

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Dont care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Toxic-virus

Stalwart
Reaction score
I am new to this site and I cannot will not accept my condition.
To me I have a fault but I will with help fix it.
I will not give up and accept my condition.

Now that's my opinion what's yours

I accept the fact that I have epilepsy, but don't get me wrong I fight it too. You can't just sit around and say "Woe is me I have epilepsy my life is shot" I have had Epilepsy most of my life and have been fighting it the hole time. You can't let it win over your attitude on life.

I've had it for most of my life, and it's just kind of a part of who and what I am, like being bald. I do what I have to with the meds to try to keep everything in balance, of course, and it is kind of a bummer when I have lots of szs (partial, not t/c) in a few days, and get really tired, but mostly I just live my life, of which epilepsy is a part.

I accept the fact that I have epilepsy, but don't get me wrong I fight it too. You can't just sit around and say "Woe is me I have epilepsy my life is shot" I have had Epilepsy most of my life and have been fighting it the hole time. You can't let it win over your attitude on life.

:agree: I've had E for 30+ years and have tried nearly every med out there + starting a new one. I've also had brain surgery and the VNS and will be having another VNS surgery in the near future. I accept the fact that I do have epilepsy and fight it, also, but I will not let E control me! I have seizures still, but I get on with life, as difficult as it is.

Do not get me wrong I accept my condition but I still fight it everyday, I agree with Cint
I accept I have epilepsy and I do fight, there is no way it is going to control my life.

Do not get me wrong I accept my condition but I still fight it everyday, I agree with Cint
I accept I have epilepsy and I do fight, there is no way it is going to control my life.
:agree: with both Cint & Fedup
I accepted that I have epilepsy & it will always be a part of my life but I am not going to let epilepsy ruin my life. Just because I do have epilepsy I refuse to sit at home feeling sorry for myself so I still do things I enjoy which includes going for long walks, doing my voluntary work & catching up with friends.

I have tried 5 anti epilepsy meds between 2002 - 2009, when none of the meds helped control the seizures I took the next big step which was to have brain surgery.

Heck yah, I fight that sh_t yo! I’m still trying to make E my bitch and not the contrary.

I accepted my condition when I was a teenager.I can get angry when I go along time without a seizure than all of a sudden have one.

I'm not going to sit around just because I might have one in public though.

It's a weird arse gift. I have accepted it. When I was a kid I struggled with it a lot. However, distance gives you a weird perspective and this is mine!

The things that teach us the most are usually painful and transformative. Epilepsy has taught me a lot about myself.

I did a lot of pondering about why my epilepsy recurred after 10 years. I honestly think it was to slw me down and sort out my priorities. I made some significant changes and gave up a higher management job to do less hours but more face to face work.

I have also been shown a lot of care and without need I don't think you get to see how much people truly care for you.

It's not that I would turn my nose up at better seizure control, but epilepsy is a part of me like having brown eyes, liking musical theatre and enjoying dark chocolate. I am not defined by any one of those things, but they all make up me.

Q

Back
Top Bottom