Do you bruise easily?

Bruise easily?

• Yes

Votes: 58 79.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 20.5%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Please post what medications you take if you do. Three of my medications cause easy bruising--I'd like to see just how many AEDs cause this.

I bruise easily, but then i always have done, so i'm not sure if it's down to the meds. I have really pale skin, so maybe they just show up more easily.

I'm on Keppra and Tegretol.

Thanks, Lou! Same here, always bruised easily but NEVER this bad. I have a bruise from my watchband for heaven's sake! *eye roll*

For the record, I take Neurontin and Tegretol. Used to take depakote (also causes bruises). I've been taking Keflex for ages--a couple months at least. That also causes bruising.

I take Lamictal and I bruise really easily, especially on my legs. I don't wear shorts or skirts because I feel like people might think I'm getting beaten or something. I don't even have to hit myself or do anything and I can get a really deep black bruise...
I'm not sure if it's med related though, it has been worse in the past few years but, I have always bruised easily.

Sometimes ill get away scot free,other times ill get crackers and can hardly move,so i didnt vote.

oh,i take Depakote and Tegratol.

I do bruise easily, but I did so before onset of e. And my sister bruises even more easily, so in my case I think it's genetic. Don't think it's gotten worse on Lamictal.

I bruise easily too. Ive been on Keppra XR now. But Ive been on alot of different medications in my lifetime. The longest Ive been on any medications together, was Keppra and Carbatrol for over 12 years together. I can accidently bump into something and have notice a bruise starting to form shortly after. Just the other day I caught my sandle in the front screen door, which got my big toe. The next day I wake up to find a huge bruise on my big toe, which then turned into a dark black and purple color. :(

Yes my son does bruise easily. Allthough he can't walk and uses a wheelchair he always has several bruises on his legs. Lifting him wirth our hands causes finger print bruises on his arms.
Easy bruising is a known side-effect caused by long term use of the ketogenic diet. Years ago, when he wasn't on the diet yet, he was on valporate (and more) for several years. Long term valporate in a high dose caused easy bruising too, as well as easy bleeding swollen gums and constipation.

it's gotten worse for me on lamictal, too. But CPs don't help. Sometimes mystery bruises, really deep. They hurt. Hate them.

Hmmm....
Call your healthcare provider right away if you have any of the following: a skin rash, hives, fever, swollen lymph glands, painful sores in the mouth or around your eyes, swelling of your lips or tongue, yellowing of your skin or eyes, unusual bruising or bleeding, severe fatigue or weakness, severe muscle pain, or frequent infections.These symptoms may be the first signs of a serious reaction. A healthcare provider should examine you to decide if you should continue taking LAMICTAL.

http://www.lamictal.com/

I don't think my bruising is a serious reaction. It's just bruises.

I'm on Tegretol Keppra and Lamictal

I was getting bruises that I didn't know where they were coming from for a good while. Recently I've noticed that I've been getting them more often. They are usually on my arms or legs. They are always good size ones too, at least a few inches long. When I was shaving in the shower I noticed I had a bruise that was about 6 inches long on my leg and have no idea where it came from. You'd think with having bruises that big I'd remember hitting something?

I once walked into the side of the door (yes actually walked into the door) and got a pretty good bruise on my face. I was so afraid that people would think that my husband had hit me because that's the excuse that's always used. The funny thing is about a week later he walked into the same door and got a bruise on his face. At least if people thought he hit me then they would think that I got back at him LOL!

the slightest , dumbest things and i look like i've been beaten with a baseball bat , but oddly my bruises hardly ever get sore

Well, I take vimpat lorazepam, zonegran, But i have an ulcer that contribute. Who knows. I just bump into things and don't remember where I did it. My son Alex bruises easily. He's on Depakote. Surprise! And thats my story and I'm sticken to it.

There was a period of time that Rebecca did bruise easy. I can't remember if there was a drug component, or if this was before we began suggesting she monitor her sugar levels.

I do remember her pointing her bruises to me. She is a figure skater, so I just considered it to be too many falls.

Yup, I

bruise easily as well. It's gotten worse over the years, especially with the celiac. But I take Carbatrol, Lamictal, Topamax and Clonazepam as well.

I am on lamictal and apo-divalproex, also get easy as well as unexplained bruises on my legs

I bruise easily, but then i always have done, so i'm not sure if it's down to the meds. I have really pale skin, so maybe they just show up more easily.

I'm on Keppra and Tegretol.

When I was on Keppra and Carbatrol (another form of Tegretol) I went for years where I bruised easily. I could accidently hit my toe on something and the next day wake up with a black and blue bruise! It sucked! Now since Ive been on just the Keppra, so far I havnt noticed any bruising like that since being taken off the Carbatrol.

Yes.

Usually my bruises I have no idea of how I got. :ponder:

Low doses of Lamictal XR (150mg) and Topamax (75mg).

Back
Top Bottom