• yes - smoke

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • yes - other

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • no

Votes: 61 63.5%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I used to reach for a smoke too. (never in bed) I have crushed stuff too, like pop cans, paper cups.only if it was near my reach.

I smoked cigs for 1 week when I was in 6th grade. It gave me a high feeling. And back then a pack was only ,50 cents I quit. Then I got high in as an adult it helped my seizures for a while . and it made me clean really well. But now Its the vns I have to get use to. It is getting better. But its going to take a while.

Like I said, I smoked for a week as a 12 year old , then then after brain surgery I tried smoked weed for a while. My doc asked if I wanted to try it for a while. But I said no. And now its the vns, but if this doesn't work I might try it again. I am still not used to this vns stuff. How about you?

Congrats!! You can quit! believe me. I am/was always a die-hard smoker but i have quit. Now i say anyone can if i can.

I am 45 days smoke free and have saved £345!

Ways to go to make the £4500 it cost to replace the bathroom that I burned down throwing a way an unproperly extinguished ciggit butt into the waste paper basket. Luckily there was an aresol can in their that exploded waking hubby up as the alarm didn't go off.

Smoking kills but not quite how I envisaged it!

Q

AW. That is a brutal story. But I never, ever smoked inside. It is not allowed anywhere public here and i just kept the habit of only outside now i have a child at home and two nonsmoking housemates. I LOVE being free! After a couple months it got so much easier and the money and sex is so much better and being at the airport and not able to go out to smoke before my flight does not bother me- that is worth all the pain of stopping. But I will never go through that pain again, sometimes that is what keeps me from taking one hit or one cig. I know I'll start that withdrawal cycle over again.
When people ask if I smoke (like the dentist) I get such a thrill by saying loudly "Not anymore! hehe"

I'm thinking of trying weed. I've never smoked before, but my epilepsy is draining so much from my life and medication has only harmed me if anything. Unless brain surgery is approved I'll be out of options. I'm just not sure if I'd be able to do it legally in the UK because of my epilepsy, and if not, how to acquire it. Well, I'd best not discuss that here. ;)

About 45 years ago I tried smoking but the coughing, choking, dizziness and awful taste (Must be an aquired taste:ponder:) convienced me not to try it again. Same goes for alcohol, coffee & tea, if I don't like it the first time I don't try and get use to it.

I was thinking about this page a lot today and yesterday. I am newly quit tobacco (5.5 months) after having quit before for a decade. Its just the thought of craving that i would have to go through again if i started. As a sober/clean addict , for me, one is too many and a thousand never enough. So no more tobacco. I was wondering though about the benefits of pot, i read that you do not smoke it for medicinal bene's . and i read something about it helping seizures.??? but i just don't know anymore what i should do?

There is an experiemental drug in the US, the main thing in this drug is essentually a raw strain of cannabis.
It is something to do with the prosesses it makes the brain choose.
But it is still illegal.

(I am telling you what I remember from a conversation with a tutor at college, parts may be wrong, but I am pretty sure it is the general gist)

I smoke cigars. Fattys about once a week. Backwoods if I feel like having a smoke. 99% of the time, I'm having a few beers.

20 years ago I smoked and dipped copenhagen tabacco until I decided I wanted to quit dipping, and afterward, I never had a daytime seizure again. Still smoke, but never chew.

I smoked 3 1/2 packs a day for 42 years and I enjoyed every one.
Oct. 10, 2005, I was going into hospital for VEEG which was scheduled as part of many tests before surgery to remove lesion from left temporal lobe. I put out my last cigarette before walking into the hospital.

Jingle, That is great! and Congrats! wow, i am only about 9 months away from my last and i want it to stick this time.

I smoked in High school for a year because everyone else was doing it and High school was a long time ago.

smoking starves oxygen from the brain via carbon monoxide. How that is 'good' i do not know. Even if you think its good, it's not worth the 100 times greater chances of cancer.

smoking starves oxygen from the brain via carbon monoxide. How that is 'good' i do not know. Even if you think its good, it's not worth the 100 times greater chances of cancer.

It's not worth COPD either.

As far as smoking pot, if it won't get you fired at work or if it's only a minor crime with a small fine, I would give it a try if nothing else is working. In the US they can require a drug test for any worker's comp claim and if you fail they can deny your claim, even if your employer doesn't require drug testing.

Back
Top Bottom