does anyone do Yoga for stress?or anything else?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I just talked with my neuro who had returned my call.
I went down in a Complex partial today hit my head and back.

He brought up yoga wanted me find out if I knew it was used to control I guess stress .

DO any of you guys do it of a place that does.

my seizures are getting worse by the day.
Belinda
:e::soap::agree:

There used to be a lady on here who practiced Yoga (help my with the name guys).....my seizures are usually night-time only, and if had in the day they are usually very minimal compared to some people on here, so I use the weights down the gym, plus cardiovascular exercise to relieve my stress. Obviously this can be more dangerous for people who don't get aura's / have bad seizures where they simply fall down.....so it's always a good thing to consult your Doctor before enduring any physical activity.

Tee Tees,
with the auras I get I'm going to have to have to start just sitting down in the middle of the floor.
My seizures happen when I'm with people and I always try to get away from every one with out disrupting what's going on.

I did find a web site on epilepsy and yoga I just need to look it up again.

Belinda

My wife has a Yoga DVD that she uses in the mornings. She uses a mat in the living room and spends 10-15 minutes doing her thing. She is an advocate for it.

How about Pilates ?....that's another safe, and gentle form of exercise great for stress release

Belinda5000,

I go for walks with my husband. he times them to one hour. this helps me with stress as long as he's quiet and not bitching about something :noevil:

Love
lorrie

Lorrie,
I already go for walks but thanks for the suggestion.
Belinda

I've got a great DVD called Yoga for the Flexibly Challenged. I have a couple of others as well, but that one is my favorite. Yoga helps.

I sometimes use my Nintendo Wii fit for yoga (I am not very good at it) it also has meditation on it.

My daughter has recently joined a teen yoga group at our local YMCA. They meet 1 - 2x a week. I hope it helps teach her another way to relax and hope she uses it to start her day.

joan*

I try to practice weight lifting to stave off osteoporosis. I also find a good long walk a great method of reducing stress. Yoga...hmmmm I'm not as formal as some people. If I did it, I'd do it in the privacy of my own home rather than in a group setting.

I prefer weight lifting and breathing techniques that go with that activity.

Back
Top Bottom