Does anyone fish?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

BIGMAN131307

Veteran
Reaction score
Does anyone fish in New York? Have friends or family that fish? If so, is it in the Capital District area?

I could use some help finding places to fish. It's been a while since I have gone fishing regularly. Evenly then it wasn't around here, and before the internet. I would like to get back into it. But I need help doing it. Since I don't drive, I'll be going with others. Some fish occasionally, but not enough to know any good spots. I need some good places to go.
Then I can check for the driving directions.

I have been to the DEC site, and county offices for locations. But most gave me generic answers. I would like to know about public access fishing spots. IE: Where the public parking is, and where to fish? Do any require special permission, permits, etc? Please tell me cross streets, addresses, landmarks (IE:train tracks, church, school, etc.). This will help me locate the areas much easier.

I do know the names of many places. But I need more first hand info. about these places.

Albany County:

Ann Lee Pond (Colonie)
Basic Creek Reservoir (Westerlo)
Buckingham Lake (Albany)
Littles Lake (Colonie)
Rensselaer Lake [Sixmile Waterworks] (Albany)
Thompsons Lake (Berne, Knox)
Tivoli Lake (Albany)
Warners Lake (Berne)
Washington Park Lake (Albany)
Catskill Creek
Ten Mile Creek

Rensselaer County:

Black River Pond (Berlin)
Bradley Lake (Troy)
Burden Lake (Sand Lake, Nassau)
Crooked Lake (Sand Lake)
Crystal Lake (Sand Lake)
Dunham Reservoir (Grafton)
Dyken Pond (Grafton, Berlin)
Glass Lake (Sand Lake)
Hampton Manor Lake (East Greenbush)
Long Pond (Grafton)
Mill Pond (Grafton)
Schaghticoke Reservoir (Schaghticoke)
Second Pond (Grafton)
Shaver Pond (Grafton)
Snyders Lake (East Greenbush)
Tackawasick (Tsatsawassa) Lake (Nassau)
Tomhannock Reservoir (Pittstown)
Valley Falls Reservoir (Schagticoke)
Wright Lake (Troy)
Hoosic River and Little Hoosic River
Kinderhook Creek
Poesten Kill and Quaken Kill Creek
Wynants Kill Creek

Schenectady County:

Collins Lake (Glenville)
Featherstonhaugh Lake (Duanesburg)
Iroquois Lake (Schenectady)
Mariaville Lake (Duanesburg)
Steinmetz Lake (Schenectady)

Saratoga County:

Ballston Lake (Ballston)
Great Sacandaga Lake (Multiple Towns)
Moreau Lake (Moreau)
Round Lake (Malta)
Saratoga Lake (Saratoga)
Glowegee Creek
Kayaderosseras Creek
Snook Kill Creek

Schoharie County:

Looking Glass Pond (Fulton)
Mallet Pond (Fulton)
Schoharie Reservoir (Gilboa, Conesville)
Catskill Creek
Panther Creek

Yes I could do all this myself, but having extra eyes & ears helping never hurt. :)

I have gotten some information, but not all of it seems reliable.

Thx, for any help you could give me. :)

Just don't go fishing in the East River where it runs through NYC. Disgusting all the sewage that went in there back in the 70s, not sure if they still do that.

Craigslist has a place where you can place ads looking for friends to go do things with. Not sure if you want to go that route, but it's an option.

Cheers,

:piano: :pop:

Back
Top Bottom