Does anyone thk get use having sz's

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I don't care how long I live I'll never get use to having seizures: I have focal sz's and those I really hate because I hear and see what's going on.
It does seem like I'm conscious for mine when I have them?
I do feel like I am going crazy.

Belinda:e:

Last edited:
I really didn't have them until I had a closed head injury sustained in a traffic accident
about 12 1/2 years ago. I'm used to them. That in no way means that I in any way like to have them but I am used to them. People are adaptable I suppose and can get used to anything.

I not sure if wording should be tolerant.i panic when one coming on but the panic is part of sz and it double panic.panic bc I about to panic after that I out then the head ache.we all have slightly differing experience like Belinha I can be aware at times.
Yes I hate them and use to hold my husbands belt not let go it could go on for hours that when it first started 30years ago I don't do that anymore.
it part of my life and got get on with life or go under.Oh yes I have days of deep depression I cry want to die but people who not got e can feel same.I really don't know how to answer it.Seeing my daughter and her contemporaries in school hospital in status hour after hour was frightening and I gave e a lot of respect after that and the children and parents even more..mine was never as bad as that kids died but majority lived.If I parent or child of e as bad as that I live in terror but now I see it as part of human condition.Anything that gone wrong with body piss you and e no different you make ajustments

The first time I ever saw someone else have a seizure ; it was my room mate we where talking on the bed. I talked calmly to her told her she was going to be alright and made sure she didn't fall off.I did everything I was suppose for a seizure but when her fiance came in the room he started yelling at her to calm down. heI hate to think how there marriage turned out he wanted me to marry him, they did get married.

Hmm getting married with that attitude her e won't be only thing he be unpleasant about.As a parent we watch from outside our kids putting hand in fire but nothing you can do and for gawds sake don't do what I did.
My son came home told me his girl friend bitch and I said about time you open your eyes son she is a bitch,what happen he told her what I said and they got married.
in church when vicar said anyone got anything against this marriage hundred people all turned round looked at me pregnant pause and he went on to say I do.I wanted limbo under church door and die.There marriage is as happy as average person but certain coldness between us

I don't care how long I live I'll never get use to having seizures: I have focal sz's and those I really hate because I hear and see what's going on.
It does seem like I'm conscious for mine when I have them?
I do feel like I am going crazy.

Belinda:e:

I have something similar, I just feel weird but am conscious. My neurologists called those simple partial seizures. Some are worst than others. Most people don't notice them. My VNS works well so I use the magnet. I usually feel okay then.

Back
Top Bottom