Dr. Recording zoom call

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Heavy Kevy

Stalwart
Reaction score
I was probably told but didn’t think much about it. The hospital website is great. They have a section Notes From Last Visits. I went looking at them today and noticed he has started quoting me word for word in the notes. I guess it doesn’t bother me, but I’ve said some wacky s@it during a few meetings. Trying to explain auras or emotions. It has to be beneficial for him to review the conversation like that.

I think it’s good you got to see the drs side of what happens during your appointments
I have teleconference appointments with my neurologist and epilepsy psychiatrist now due to covid and the travel (3 hours each way). I had a seizure during a video conference with my neurologist a few years ago and 1st appointment with the psychiatrist I had a seizure

I don’t usually see their notes or communication between the other drs /my clinical psychologist but when I had my 1st appointment with neuropsychiatrist appointment there was a bit of communication breakdown with the hospital and my dr didn’t get her report. So my neuropsychologist emailed it to me so I could pass it to my dr. It was right at the end of the year so we had to get it sorted so I could get on my anti anxiety meds.

I got to see what the psychiatrist wrote and it was quite interesting including her version of the seizure.

It’s interesting to read his interpretation of what I said previously.
Reading exactly what I said is odd. Confusing? I don’t know how to explain it.

We recently tried changing 1 of my med’s from twice a day to three times. Here’s what his comment was in the notes, “this is admittedly unorthodox, but worth a try “.
Makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time.

I always get confused by drs talk

Good luck with the medication change

It’s interesting to read his interpretation of what I said previously.
Reading exactly what I said is odd. Confusing? I don’t know how to explain it.

We recently tried changing 1 of my med’s from twice a day to three times. Here’s what his comment was in the notes, “this is admittedly unorthodox, but worth a try “.
Makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time.
I remember an old CWE member had great success with changing his dosing schedule from 2 times a day to 3 times. He had tried so many different things, different meds, had a bad experience with VNS... And then switched to 3 times a day and his seizures became completely controlled. So worth a try. :)

Back
Top Bottom