Driving Question

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

My DMV is a three month state but because I am currently in NY and my neurologist is in NY I have to wait six months so hopefully end of October I'll be able to drive.

I didn't have to actually give up my license and could probably drive without getting in trouble because I'm not a NY state resident and the Oregon DMV doesn't actually need a neurologist to say I'm good to drive again (I think... last time this happened they didn't, but I guess it's also possible the neuro didn't report it). However with that being said I would have been able to drive last month if I went with three months, and it's probably better I haven't been driving. Of course, even if I COULD drive legally, I wouldn't do it if something feels off (same with riding my bike actually). I'm lucky though, I get lots of warning beforehand (at least 1-2 hours of auras before my last two TC seizures ).

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I think its a year here depending on your type of seizures. They have free paratransit for me for the rest of my life. Cabs and shuttles. And for my son until he is of age. And in Jan he will be 15. then 16 we shall see. I get mad that I can't drive but it is definatly not the worst thing that has happened to me in my life time.

Back
Top Bottom