Drugs

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I happen to be a big supporter of marijuana, and it's helped me in quite a few ways.

I suffer from infrequent (had 5 since 2005) but pretty dern' terrible tonic-clonic seizures. They've almost all been triggered by exhaustion and dehydration- most of them during out of town trips. I also have mild~ish insomnia that makes it very hard to get the required amount of sleep in order to keep my body running healthy and, ultimately, to keep me seizure-free. Marijuana has been a life saver as far as sleep goes. It knocks me right out, much better than any sleep aid I've tried. It also helps tremendously with the after-effects of seizures. It alleviates the bodily aches and pains and pretty much eliminates the nausea I get the day after.

Cannabis is actually not the harmful 'drug' that everyone seems to think it is. It replenishes your body with healthy cannabinoids which your body uses to maintain homeostasis. Anyone looking for more info should check out some articles on the body's endocannabinoid system. It's pretty fascinating stuff.

Anywho, cannabis has been very beneficial to me. In addition to helping me get the sleep I need, it's helped relieve me of a lot of stress and anxiety, both of which can add to exhaustion as well. To each his own, I 'spose, but I certainly am a big believer in marijuana.

Last edited:
Well the only problem with street MJ is you have no way to know if it is laced with something else. Plus smoking anything can cause cancer as you are inhaling potentially harmful stuff.

The ONLY way at this point that I would consider MJ useful in medicine if it was vapourized, drunk like tea or eaten. Either by hemp seed or the leaves themselves. NOT SMOKED!

a user of mj would know if it was laced. The obsession users have of there stash's quality is a science. As long as it doesn't come from China, they seem to lace everything coming here with lead.

Back
Top Bottom