Dry mouth

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

finalpoet

Stalwart
Reaction score
I take Vimpat which causes me to have dry mouth issues causing dental problems. Any ideas how to combat a dry mouth? I only know a few.

You can try gum or mints called Pur, a mouth rinse called Biotene, sucking on ice chips, sipping small amounts of warm water or cool water, and brush your teeth after each meal or snack. Your dentist and hygienist can give you other suggestions.

a mouth rinse called Biotene, .

I also have a dry mouth, due to meds and Diabetes. My dentist suggested I use Biotene toothpaste as well as the rinse. It does help. I also use sugar free "Werther's" butterscotch hard candies.

I don't brush after every meal/snack. That would cause me more problems.

Last edited:
It horrible,I never thought of the meds causing it.Dry mouthstops me having good nights sleep I use biogenesis it not plesent,get dry eyes as well I wondering if meds cause of that.i take orange to bed with me(rather take Colin Firth ��).somerhing simple like dry mouth can be distressing

Back
Top Bottom