"E" is for eilepsy and EEG and electrode...and

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Endurance - considering
what we have to go through!

EXASPERATED.... because of the public's lack of understanding when they witness a seizure!!

Epileptologist - some knows what
they are doing, and unfortunately some don't!

:ponder:

Somehow this reminds me of the commercial:
"Sometimes you feel like a nut,
Sometimes you don't"
(Almond Joy / Mounds)

:?

Epileptologist - some knows what
they are doing, and unfortunately some don't!
:roflmao:
sometimes they is the same one, too!

Eager to learn and to educate myself, being a parent to a disabled son with E. who can't tell what he's feeling and experiencing.

oh, fudge!

exasperation: the frustration from thinking you finally are getting under control, and the next seizure is the worst yet.

Egad

E is for egad.
You can't get any date to stay interested in you once you let him know.
I just told a guy I like (and he liked me) that I have the 'e'. He said that he was "weirded out'. I said ok, but under my breath, I was saying here we go again. It'll sting for a while, then I'll move on, just like before.

Dating was an unmitigated disaster for me... Of course, I would never tell my dates that I had epilepsy. My parents wouldn’t even utter the word, so rather than become a pariah, I kept my mouth shut.

Bad idea.

For example, I was lusting to go out with Ricky Schwabacker for 2 years. I mean, he was a big-time senior and I was just a lowly sophomore. So finally he asked me out and we went to some kid’s house whose parents weren’t home. Oy. Everybody sat in a circle and smoked dope. (I didn’t, because drugs were far from “recreational” to me.) Then a very stoned Ricky and his friend sat down to play chess. Suddenly “BOOM!” My head went crashing through the wooden chessboard and I was out cold. They thought I was dead. And they couldn’t figure out whether to call the police or not.

If they called the police, they’d be busted for dope. So, they decided to just sit it out until they figured out an idea.

When I suddenly regained consciousness, everybody was relieved and Ricky took me home. Needless to say, that was my last date with Ricky.

Then there was Tommy who took me dancing. Unfortunately it was the disco era. And we walked into a room with a mirrored ball spinning, strobe lights flashing and rock music booming. I tried to not look and went onto the dance floor, gyrating with everyone else. The difference was, I was having a seizure! And when the music stopped and everyone drifted back to their tables, I melted down to the floor. The crowd was no longer propping me up.

So you can see why I wasn’t everybody’s first choice for a date.

On the other hand, I had a seizure on my first date with my husband. He was totally cool and I thought: This one's a "keeper!" That was thirty years ago.

So, I'd say "E" is for enriched. The way Arthur enriched my life.

using the letter "e"

Epilepsy is one, true everlasting illness to all those who must deal with it on a daily basis.

Back
Top Bottom