[Info] E- Yoga

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi Suzee, welcome to CWE.

It's hard to know if this was the case for you, but some intense emotional sensations are actually a kind of aura or seizure. Maybe what you were experiencing in your yoga class was this kind of aura.

It's also possible that the intense yoga led you to be dehydrated or over-tired, factors that can also trigger seizures. Stretching can also trigger a seizure (from a kind of de-oxygenation of the brain) but since your seizure occurred a day later, that seems less likely to have played a role.

suzee

what's up suzee,

What you're describing sounds interesting. In the west yoga is thought of as just another way to work out, but in the east it is a serious way to connect with Brahman. It's meditation.

Scientifically, meditation has some real benefits. Yoga works your body and your mind. You're supposed to feel calm while doing yoga, you were doing something right. As for your burst of emotion, perhaps the breathing and the stretching just enabled you to let something out. I don't think what you're describing is weird at all. The breathing and concentration is most important in yoga. This is good for your brain. Simple. True yogis can attain different states of consciousness (did I spell that right?) just through meditation. Keep it up. It's better than going to a therapist.

As for your seizure, I doubt the yoga played a part. Grand mals are terrible though. Look up pranayama, or breathing excercises, they're good for epilepsy for sure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom