EEG Sleep study

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

So here’s the weird part. I feel great.
Up until 3am woke up at noon and I’ve been going 90mph all day.
With an increase of SZ in the last few months plus this experience. I shouldn’t feel this good….basically manic.
Thanks. I always appreciate the positive reception here. 🤗

Attachments

• 337305D8-5316-4748-B4FB-BAB13CBB8854.png
    337305D8-5316-4748-B4FB-BAB13CBB8854.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 1
I just saw my neurologist yesterday, & he wants to have another study done--but in this time in the hospital--as long as insurance is okay with it. He was saying that the 48-hour EEG showed constant seizure-type activity in that area of my brain where there is scar tissue.

Hi Sabbo,

I wish you the best of luck with the study and EEG. I had the same thing done and I had to cut back on the AED's before
the test and as soon as I had enough seizures to please the Dr. I could go home. If you know of any foods or beverages
that can trigger seizures be sure to eat and drink some of them. I had to drink diet soda and then the seizures fired up good.
Wishing You only the Best and May God Bless You,

Sue

Hopefully it’s as quick as needed. Good for you! It’s hard continuously keeping up with Dr’s, meds, insurance, etc…
👊

I agree about it being as soon as possible. My neurologist said he that since Xcopri is the last AED out there for the types of seizures I get & even it isn't fully controlling them--it does in around 25% of the patients at this dose--(200MG/day) surgery may be another option for me. (That will also depend on insurance being willing to pay).
They've told me that once everything for this EEG is set up, I won't eat my meds the night before or the morning that I check in. He also told me that although they schedule it as a 5-day hospital stay, they will send me home sooner if they get all of the info they need before then.

Hi Sabbo,

If you decide on surgery get it in writing from your insurance co. that everything is approved and covered 100%. That is what
I did each time I had brain surgery and then 1 time they tried to come back on me and charge me for anthesia but I had the letter
so they didn't get the extra money they were going after. Wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You,

Sue

Back
Top Bottom