Electrodes are in!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Heavy Kevy

Stalwart
Reaction score
Made it through surgery. Already had 1 SZ the first night so that’s good.
I can’t open my mouth very wide. Besides that no pain.
The research testing could help keep me from getting too bored.
They’re going to put a shock collar on my ankle. I’ll be in control of the severity. The smell test should be interesting.
They are going to try and see if I can have a conversation via zoom or phone with someone else hooked up the same way. At a different location.

Just finished olfactory testing. I was hooked up with hoses under my nose. Then had me push a button whenever I smelled something. They gave me varying degrees of dosages of the same scent. I did well. Only missed most of the mild doses.

6 seizures so far. All from the same area. Yay!!!
Today’s test was “risk/reward” scenario.
There were two different color bars one represented imaginary $$$. The other determined the strength of the electric shock (on my ankle ) I would receive. I had to decide if the imaginary $$ amount would be worth the pain by clicking a plus or minus. 🤪

Hi Heavy Kevy,

I'm glad to hear that your testing is going well. They sure have changed it around a lot since I had the test done
but that was yrs. ago. You may want to ask your Dr. to fire up cell phones to see if that could be triggering seizures
also. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

P.S. Get used to eating soft foods for awhile I had mac and cheese a lot.

It's great that your testing is going well. After I had the extended/Video EEGs last year, my neurologist said they wanted to possibly do a stereo EEG. I said I'm up for it IF insurance would cover it, & if they believe it truly could reduce or stop the complex partials.

Heading home tomorrow. They took all of the leads out this morning except two. You could feel and hear the screws turning and the wires being pulled out. 🤮 Only one was painful.
The researchers put me in the MRI with the two leads still in. They had tested them before. They would hit a button and I felt a tingling. First time was just my hand, then my jaw to my hand and finally my arm down to my foot. All on the left side. I was in the MRI for a hour and they did the same thing.
I’m the 2nd person to ever do this experiment. My neurologist and the surgeon are very optimistic. One surgery removing scar tissue from two spots. 🤞
I’m feeling way better than the last time I had a sleep study like this.

Hi Heavy Kevy,

I'm happy the hear that you are going home tomorrow and I wish you only the best. The MRI sounds like it was a lot of
fun I remember having that done also and all the tingling I could feel. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom