Electroencephalogram - How many EEG, qEEG, QEEG, aEEG have you had?

Electroencephalogram: How many EEG, qEEG, QEEG, aEEG have you had?

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I've only had one, and i still haven't got the results grrrr.

I didn't like it one bit (mind you, who would?) I have quite long hair and it took me 3 shampoos to wash MOST of the glue out. The rest i got the next time :(

Whats an ambulatory?

I've only had one, and i still haven't got the results grrrr.

I didn't like it one bit (mind you, who would?) I have quite long hair and it took me 3 shampoos to wash MOST of the glue out. The rest i got the next time :(

Whats an ambulatory?

An ambulatory is one that they let you take home and you wear on your waist. Its so they can monitor you for like 24 hours.

www.epilepsy.com/epilepsy/eeg_ambulatory Heres more info (I can't post links yet)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that would be nice. I can not count how many I have had. Special ones for my cancer, some for my epilepsy and now they are doing it for high risk breast cancer. I get a good nap when I have them.

Ive only had the one myself and that was when i was seventeen or eighteen.Im thirtyfive now,so i can remember very little of what was said.

In 2002 or 2003 I was promised an EEG test at Hope Hospital (now renamed to Salford Royal). However, didn't get that until December 2010, and then the staff lost my details and insisted I didn't have an appointment which is currently being covered up in an "investigation" into my complaint by the Chief Executive of the hospital (who is no stranger to cover ups as the newspaper articles will prove. He is supposed to be trying to improve the hospital, but he is still up to his old tricks.) - he is falsely claiming there was no appointment and no lost details. I was going to go home but thought no, I've waited years for an EEG test so stood my ground. Eventually the rude staff in the main reception suggested that EEG Physiology (think that's what it was called) may have the details on their computers.

So I went upstairs, but there were no details there either. So I explained how long I had been having partial seizures for and that the hospital had kept promising me an EEG test and that today i was supposed to be finally be having one.

They saw I was upset (I thought I was never going to get an EEG test at this rate), so they spoke to someone and said if I could wait until 1pm (it was morning), I could have the EEG test then.
I had the EEG test at around 12.45 and it showed generalised slow wave activity.

I had been promised a video telemtry EEG test by a neurologist at Salford Royal before this appointment, but as I had had problems getting any sort of epilepsy tests, I kept the normal EEG appointment.

Well the promised video telemetry was cancelled after the next EEG test, which was unscheduled and suggested at an epilepsy clinic at the hospital was normal, despite the neurologists promises that it would definately go ahead. After that normal EEG test, I was discharged from the epilepsy clinic.
So I have had 2 EEG tests in total.

Just had another one

Hi all,

Was hosptialized this week becasue of my seizures this week on sunday. Had 5 TC's They did another CAT, CT Scan, and an EEG this time while i was there. they kept me 2 nights for observation. The only thing they found was that my postassium levels were low. Everything came back clean and I don't know the results of the eeg yet. I asked the tech though and she said she got some good readings though. Man I was almost to my 6 month point clean too.

Tina

Wow! I know a guy that has seizures when his potassium is low. That is the only time.
I'm sorry you were in the hospital though. 5t/c's ouch! I hope you are feeling better.
Teresa

I had my first EEG this afternoon... it was very weird! The doctor kept marking things on her computer and everytime I was close to sleep she would talk to me lol... and the glue, ohhh the glue!

I stopped counting the number of EEG long before. My ex doctor had only one EEG machine which could earn for him so every three months I had EEG with no improvement in my condition. But now lately I can remember only of 3 EEGs.

I've had 2. The sleep deprived was supposed to prove the regular one was just a fluke... well such is life. Nothing better then being told that was the best eeg they've seen in a while. It was informative enough that I was sent for an MRI (which I'm currently waiting for the results on). Oh and it was also abnormal enough that when I asked for a copy for my cousin in med school the neuro was all excited.

I've had a lot of EEGs, too. I had my most recent EEG about 4 months ago. My neurologist said he saw a lot of seizure activity. Never had a VEEG done, though.

I’ve only had EEGs and VEEGs
I’ve lost count how many EEGs I’ve had and can’t even remember when I had my last but it’s been a while

I’ve had 2 VEEG

I’ve also had about 4 mris and a fmri

I've only had EEGs. I have also had 1 or 2 CT scans done. That's how they found the scar tissue which is where my simple partials originate.

My girl has never ever ever had a successful EEG due to her non compliance even with some sedation. The technology of EEG is limited with the abundance of electrodes that is needed to do the test and it is sensory aversive to those with ASD. My gripe is they need to improve this. I do think she misses out on this as EEG does show seizure types.

She has to be bombed out totally for an MRI and CT scans.

I had my first EEG Wednesday at the hospital near my house in the city where I have now lived for almost two years. :) I want to share the picture because I just look so happy to finally be getting this one after waiting for so long. :p https://photos.app.goo.gl/kXhp2373oJC7dYaF7
It took like eight minutes and despite me having the spiraling spatial deformed reality stuff, my EEG wasn't "Anything special". But she also kind of only looked at it for three seconds, quickly scrolling.

Back
Top Bottom