'Ello

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFC

New
Reaction score
Hello!
Well, my name's Tasha.
I've had epilepsy [well, it is when I started on meds and was like identified with it] in second grade, but they were only absent seizures.
I had my first grand mal freshman year, I am now a junior, and had my last one last March.
Half of my family has seizures so it's not something I feel completely alone on, but mine are the worst--although I've met people who are worse then me.
Um.........I like cheesecake ^_^

Hi Tasha,

Welcome to the group! I also saw your post about vagus nerve stimulation. I don't have the answers about that..but I am sure you will get answers soon. Everyone here is wonderful and very knowledgeable and supportive as well.
I know they will be able to answer your questions. I loved your last sentence..I love cheesecake! That made me smile. I like it too!! I am a 41 yr. old Mom and we have 2 teenage children. I have temp. lobe complex seizures and mine are mostly nocturnal. But I do get partial ones in the day sometimes. Welcome to the group..I know you'll enjoy it!

Hi Tasha -
Glad that you joined us. Hope you find some good reading material here to help you make some better decisions.

Welcome Tasha.

I am 47, father of 3, grandpa of 2, and have had E since I was 20. I was fortunate to get through the teenage years without seizures. I am pretty well controlled now.

I hope you find this site helpful. We look at each seizure free day, week, month, and year as great things, so congrats on your April and May.

Please explore the site and you will probably make some new friends very soon.

:cheers:

I love cheesecake too. You may need to check out the recipe forum.

I forgot to say I love cheesecake too. I think I will make some this summer as a treat for all that I have endured this past year.

Welcome Tasha -

My granddaughter has E, inherited from her mother. Runs in my ex's side of the family. Glad you are here.

Hey Tasha! Welcome to the group! I also have seizures. Mine are from the temporal lobe region though. I am also a junior. But I just finished my last exam today :woot: Oh yeah, cheese cake is awesome!

Hi Tasha! Welcome to CWE! :) As stated above, we're a really friendly group. :) So feel free to read, ask questions, and vent if needed. As for cheesecake.....not one of my favorites. But my mom once catered a wedding reception where she had to make 25 different flavored cheesecakes.

Hi Tasha, welcome to the forum. :hello:

My wife completely eliminated her multiple, daily absence seizures with EEG neurofeedback. I recommend looking into it.

Adjusting life

Replying to ufc,
i am not sure how to use this and, well, i hope this is correct.
Means is my knickname;

i suffered a tbi while in college my fresham year . Luckily, i was able to finish school in 4 years with a degree in sociology@ohio university in athens, oh.
After graduation, i was fortunate enough to get a job as a probation officer for the court of common pleas in cuyahoga co., ohio.
I was able to help people [criminals] re-enter the adult life after dealing with a many different types of problems.
In 2002, out of nowhere, i suffered my first seizure. It was not a good one; in fact it was as bad as they get.
I have had three brain surgeries since then in an attempt to recover. None successfully
but i adjusted; now i keep a smile on my face, and deal with a lot of seizure activity on a daily basis.
I would love to answer questions from anyone.

Keep the wave rolling,
means

Yummo!

Somebody else who loves cheesecake!!!

BTW, welcome to CWE!! Mr B (Bernard) has made us an AWESOME home here......

You'll find plenty of good information here. Poke around, ask questions, rant, rave, whatever you need...we'll be here for ya!

Take care!

Meetz
:rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom