[Info] Embrace watch review

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

finalpoet

Stalwart
Reaction score
I got the Embrace watch two days ago. So far I've definitely enjoyed it. It seems a little bit overwhelming at first because the entire system is based on lights on the watch, I thought I'd have to memorize it all, but I didn't, it's very easy to get used to. Keep in mind that the watch can't monitor your stress or your sleep, like they said, they're working on it. It's waterproof, so I wear it in the shower. Also the battery seems to die by the end of the day. So I don't wear it while I'm asleep, it charges. But it's only been a few days, it might hold a charge better than I think. Also it's been known to be overly sensitive, but it's been fine with me. It alerted my caregiver (Dad) falsely once today, but if it's false, it vibrates, and you have 10 seconds to tap it twice, to note it as false, and so your caregiver won't be alerted for a false alarm.

Great to have the review, keep us posted...

Hi FinalPoet!

I was wondering if you're still using your Embrace Watch? How is it working? I have found a lot of mixed reviews about all of the seizure "detection" watches on the market. But, I am SOOO desperate to find something so that my son can feel more comfortable leaving me at home alone.

Hi FinalPoet!

I was wondering if you're still using your Embrace Watch? How is it working? I have found a lot of mixed reviews about all of the seizure "detection" watches on the market. But, I am SOOO desperate to find something so that my son can feel more comfortable leaving me at home alone.
Sorry this is incredibly late. But I am using my Embrace. It detects grand mal seizures. It doesn't detect partial seizures. Sometimes it works too well, as in a bumpy car ride can set it off, but you have 10 seconds to cancel an alert. The one thing I'm displeased with is that I can't sleep with it because the battery lasts about 2 days, so I have it charging every night. Note that you need a smartphone to use it. So whoever wears it needs a smartphone. The caregivers, or the people receiving the notification that I'm having a grand mal doesn't need a smartphone, just a cell phone, maybe just an phone. It DEFINITELY works, because I had a grand mal about 2 months ago and my Dad was notified.

It's also waterproof, I shower with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is so great to hear!! I bought an Apple Watch and tried the SiezAlert app, and it really does not seem to work at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just noticed this string of posts! I have had the Embrace detector for, s**t, February or so? I was actually a "test subject" for it or whatever actually.
Only one irk for me, that when I washed dishes often (by hand) it would sure enough spin-spin-spin and I'd have to text family right away - but it turns out that thing wound up doing a lot of excellent functioning and alerting - about once a month more or less or whatever it was.

One irk that is still on my mind though is that my "subscription" or whatever ran out right within a couple weeks of when I had surgery, so it even feels a little odd to have such a coincidence…

But overall that thing worked great for my tonic-clonics

Thumbs-up

Does running/bicycling/working out set off it off? I'm really interested in a detection watch, but I have a fairly active lifestyle and would still want to wear one during these types of activities.

Does running/bicycling/working out set off it off? I'm really interested in a detection watch, but I have a fairly active lifestyle and would still want to wear one during these types of activities.

Well for one thing, it can get set off by doing dishes by hand... you might get used to some emergency calls to your group while you’re awake and not in seizure state.
I had been using an Embrace monitor.

Well for one thing, it can get set off by doing dishes by hand... you might get used to some emergency calls to your group while you’re awake and not in seizure state.
I had been using an Embrace monitor.

Thank you, any review is helpful.

So pleased with this thread as my daughter is getting one of these watches for her birthday next month and this review is very helpful. She's also getting a bike which I'm terrified about but have read a few people on here ride them too.
I'll update how she gets on with her watch on this thread, hoping it works and will put my mind at rest a little with the bike.

Back
Top Bottom