[Info] Epilepsy and Learning

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

shareeza

New
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. An Epileptic student is currently develop a tool that educators can use to present content to epileptic students in more user friendly way.

Whoever willing to participate in testing the tool please post on this thread. Thank you. Remember if you all support this worthy cause, more epileptic students will be motivated in studying.

Education is key to success.

Hi Shareeza,

Can you tell us a bit more about the testing tool and the institution you are affiliated with?

I am currently attended the university of Guyana. I am fourth year student and for my final year project I choose to make a tool to help epileptic students. The reason why is because I am epileptic myself and I know how sometimes learning can be a challenge.

Last edited:
This tool is an Google chrome extension. This extension can used by educators o anyone who want to make their website suitable for epileptic. The are certain colours that can causes seizures, also certain animation, flickering lights, certain background images and so on. This extension will remove those things on a website make it user friendliness to present content. Also, you know when too much Information is presented to epileptic students they sometimes find it difficult to process, so the ga be a section where I can advice educators to use graphical organisers. Also, you know sometimes when you are viewing website you might come across a difficult words, this user can highlight the words and click on the highlight words to know the meaning. All, these things is implemented so information can process properly and minimize seizures.

in my experience temporal lobe epilepsy can mimic some of the symptoms of ADD, i can't seem to stay at task when my mind is racing around... and it used to build up to the point where i used to want to scream in the middle of class.

That so sad, i never experience that. But from research you should do one task at time like take break. maybe go rest n then come back n do the task

Hi mylo can you please participate in my testing of my tool. I create tool to present online content in more user friendly way to left temporal lobe epileptic students. However, i need people to test it. I will be present it on thursday. I did that for my final year project. please thank you

in my experience temporal lobe epilepsy can mimic some of the symptoms of ADD, i can't seem to stay at task when my mind is racing around... and it used to build up to the point where i used to want to scream in the middle of class.

I just stumbled across this and its interesting to me because you are also the super car waiting to wreck headed person that I am!

I was never diagnosed nor am I diagnosed with epilepsy or ADD (long story) but im trying to figure when truly my symptoms started, I was a kid that couldn't concentrate either and as a forfit I became disruptive "the bad kid" I was frustraited that I would zone out/ miss whole sections of class and forget or my mind would be going 9billion miles an hour and just too much to process classic add/adhd/hyperfocus but ill get so wired ill end up becoming very upset angry confused stuttering not able to get my words out in turn making me even more mad and a target for other kids at school .... this was nearly 20 years ago now but .... wow this is interesting

Back
Top Bottom