Epilepsy Conferences....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

speber

CWE Muse / Playing With Angels
Reaction score
Did anyone attend the latest Epilepsy Conference in Austin afew weeks back?...and what did you think?

My wife Renee and I went. While it didn't hit hard on alternatives (as I suspected), there was a GOOD turn out and the experience was much better than expected.
We left very glad we went, but wishing this was longer and somehow incorporated the alternative 'therapies' into the session as well.

If 'cures' and 'treatments' don't really co-exist in the same conference, does anyone know of good ones coming up for the alternatives?...on the lookout fo' info'.

Peace.

I was not aware of any conference in Austin. Who sponsored it?

I've heard good things about Mr. Mittan's SEE Program seminars, but we have yet to attend one ourselves.

Epilepsy Conventions

I live in Florida and was wondering if anyone knows of any conventions here? Also, how would I find any as well.
Marian

Sponsored by the Epilepsy Foundation local chapter out of San Antonio. They held it in the NW Hospital in Austin as a new thing. I think they are going to alternate every other year between San Antonio and Austin. Good conference...but I'm still on the lookout for really worthy 'ALTERNATIVE THERAPY' conferences or 'open-to-the-public' seminars. These are SO under the radar it's not funny. There is REAL scientific research going on attempting to PROVE the alternative therapies' worthiness all the time, but so far it doesn't seem like it's enough to get over the perceived 'embarassment' doctors seem to show when you breach the subject. It actually is kind of funny sometimes...bring some 'alternative' up and you might get to watch a highly skilled pofessional squirm for words like they got the world's worst 'wedgy':oops:
One day this will change...I hope I'm around to see it.

Sponsored by the Epilepsy Foundation local chapter out of San Antonio. They held it in the NW Hospital in Austin as a new thing. I think they are going to alternate every other year between San Antonio and Austin. Good conference...but I'm still on the lookout for really worthy 'ALTERNATIVE THERAPY' conferences or 'open-to-the-public' seminars. These are SO under the radar it's not funny. There is REAL scientific research going on attempting to PROVE the alternative therapies' worthiness all the time, but so far it doesn't seem like it's enough to get over the perceived 'embarassment' doctors seem to show when you breach the subject. It actually is kind of funny sometimes...bring some 'alternative' up and you might get to watch a highly skilled pofessional squirm for words like they got the world's worst 'wedgy':oops:
One day this will change...I hope I'm around to see it.

Kind of hard to change your modus operandi when big pharma foots your income.

:soap:

Last edited:
Yup...but maybe big pharma could open its mind a little?
Alternatives work for many in many different ways (I'm on the music\auditory therapy research track myself), but so far I've found NOTHING (including AED's and surgeries) that will work for EVERYONE...so, it stands to reason that a more 'open mind' approach from big money might attract more consumers in the end? Big pharma has big money...why not expand its horizons?
Maybe I'm talking out my mule...but dare to dream.
Anyone win a lottery lately?
:twocents:

Thanks for the reply. My husband and i did talk to the Dr. about some Alternative Therapies and he laughed at us. Our son is going to see an E.N.T. on Tuesday to possibly have a sinus pocket under his left eye removed. We find that 99% of his seizures also happen when he has a cold/sinus infection. We feel it's worth looking into.
Marian

Maybe I'm talking out my mule...but dare to dream.
Anyone win a lottery lately?
:twocents:

I'm trying .... I'm trying ....

money.gif

I am one month off my meds today and I am looking forward to the rest of my life being
med free. I use homeepathy and the Gard diet and I never felt better. Its hard to believe I spent 41 yrs on meds. Those Drs that laughed are blind and limited.

Riva

POSITIVEPERSON,
Congrats on your one month off of meds. It's wonderful to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Please keep us posted on your success.

Yes!...You are living proof the world of epileptics does not have to revolve around the letters A-E-and D.
I salute your efforts!
:brock:

Who's laughing now?:)

Back
Top Bottom