Epilepsy Foundation Camp Spike N Wave

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was just lurking around and thought I might share with you my son's experience at summer camp.
Camp Spike N Wave
I cannot post a link but if you go to the epilepsy foundation for Houston and follow the links you will see it there.
It is throught he Epilepsy foundation for the Houston/ Dallas/ Fort Worth Area. They have Neurologists on staff. The kids do all the normal activities they would in any other camp. The camp will give the kiddoes their medications ...the entire works. My son was 7 when he went but was turning 8 in a few weeks so let him go. A lot of the kids have never been away from their parents due to medical issues and the counselors on staff are trained to deal with kids that become homesick.
They have training in all kinds of areas for that matter since all the children there have epilepsy.
The kids that go vary in cognative level from completely "normal" to children with delays and/or other special needs.
(my son has some developmental delays also)
He had an absolute blast. He jumped on the bus and off he went. He cannot wait to go back! One of the best things ever for him!
In January they have a Wacky Winter Weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom