[Info] Epilepsy Meeting Tomorrow

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rae1889

Veteran
Reaction score
I am going to visit my local Epilepsy Foundation tomorrow. I have an appointment to discuss treatment options. I am looking to try going natural treatments (diets, NFB etc) and maybe see if they can refer me to a new neurologist. I am excited, but nervous all at the same time. It has been a whole year and a bit since my devastating last neurologist visit, so I am hoping that I can start fresh and maybe help these stupid seizures from being so frequent and mind numbing.

Anyone ever been to their local Epilepsy Foundation for help or treatment? What did they do?

I hope your appt. goes well. I understand you being excited and scared at the same time.

Best of luck Rae. Please post after you get and share.

Maryk

Ok, so the first appointment I had to cancel. Had a lot going on, basement flooded etc. SO I went this past tuesday.

I thought it went both great, and terrible. First, it seemed to just be a chatting session. So I thought that sucked. They told me that I should go find a neurologist, but offered no help in getting that set up. So I have to try to convince my GP in sending out yet another referral (even though we tried many times before) and then wait for my appointment. But the great part is that she offered to go with me and make sure the neuro listens, makes sure the neuro does not judge, and take appropriate notes (because one of the biggest issues I have had so far is that the docs do not listen. whether at all, or missing important parts) So thats awaesome.

She did also recommend that I take my vitamins in liquid form, and suggested liquid chlorophyll. The stuff tastes disgusting, looks disgusting but seem to have brought my energy level up a bit. This could be placebo effect, or I could finally be getting the vitamins I lacked. Who knows.

Then she also told me that we could try a few more diets, she will look into getting neurofeedback set up in my city, as well as rain drop therapy (using essential oils to heal or treat) as that is something I am also interested in.

So I will let you all know when I get in with the new neuro. Im hoping its soon, because I cannot take theses seizures anymore. Chad almost left me a little while ago, because he is getting frustrated with it. But decided that was cruel, because he had an easy out when it comes to seizures and I dont. So he decidewd to stick with me and offer more support.

Well I hope things go in the right direction Rae. You're way overdue for having a good neurologist, and finding a treatment that will work.

Rae,

Sounds like she is on your side and is sure open to optional...I am going to check out liquid chlorophyll. Thank u...

glad your partner is not taking easy way out....so sorry to hear that this would even be considered, must make u feel so vulnerable :(...I hope he will live up to his word..and pray a good neurologist is on the near horizon to help guide you...so royally deserved..

Wow, I just wanted to thank you on putting so much out there about your relationship.
Seizures and relationships are tricky business I still haven't been able to workout.
Good luck on finding the right neurologist. I'm on number 3 and it's going well.

Back
Top Bottom