Epilepsy Sensory Seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
:paperbag:
Hello, my neurologist diagnosed me with Epilepsy Sensory Seizures in Oct 2007. What it is – is pain always on the left arm and left side of face. I would get a burning sensations starting on the top of my hand and then nothing in my forearm and but pain in my shoulder and then intense pain in my jaw and maybe part of my lip. I would always get the burning pain on the top of my hand but sometimes it would change places in my face i.e. my cheek, upper jaw maybe just part of my eyebrow too. I was having about 7-10 of these things a day. The pain was so intense that I would curl up in a ball and wait it out. They usually last 40 mins to an hour. Then it was like I never had a thing.

They put me on Carbamazapine. I take 8 pills a day. It has settled the pain and I usually only get one attack per day. Not as intense as they were but still hurts. I have good bosses at work and I usually climb under my desk and wait it out if I am at work. It is way better then it use to be. I am going to see another Neurologist and an Epilepsy Seizure clinic on the 12th of Dec. I am hoping there is a different pill they can give me as this one makes me very sleepy and very forgetful. At 4:30 I have to take 2 together and then at 8:30 I have to take 3 so I am sleeping by 9.

I was hoping someone out there knows about this or knows someone that has this also so I can relate to them. Or better yet someone that has this and it is not what they diagnosed me with, as I do not have the typical Epilepsy seizures. I have had one MRI, one CAT scan and EEG. They showed nothing.

Thanks for listening
Barb

Hi Barb, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Sensory seizures are a form of simple partial seizures.

It's pretty common for epilepsy patients to have clear MRI, CAT scans and EEG results. A clear result just means that nothing was found, not that nothing is there...

Hi Barb!...

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry you're going through all that...hope you get some relief soon!

Peace
:rock:

Hi Bernard
Thanks for the info. I guess I am waiting for another neurologist to confirm or say it is not epilepsy before I get toooo excited. I guess I was hoping someone out there also had the same symptoms but the nuero said the type of epilesy I have is very rare and hard to research. I am in the military so don't always trust docs dealing with the military and I see a civilian doctor on the 12th so hoping I will have more answers then.

Thanks again
Barb

Hi barb, I'm sorry to hear that you expierence that. I don't have that type of seizure but I can relate to being tired from medicaiton. I'm always tired and need to take naps. I hope that you're appointment goes well on the 12th and they get you some answers or a medication that helps ease the tired feeling. You'll be in my prayer's.

Krista

:hello: Barb

Welcome to CWE, and sorry you're having
to experience those blasted seizures, but
like what Bernard posted below, is in the norm.

Hang around and you can learn a lot!

Hi,

I'm so sorry that you have had to go through that. It sounds awful. I have complex partial seziures due to a brain tumor that is soon to be removed. I thought I had it bad. At least my seziures don't hurt. Don't give up hope. You have found a wonderful place here at CWE. The people are fabulous and so supportive. Good luck with your new Dr. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom